Is it bad if the rabbit dosen’t get daily veggies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to introduce a little veggies to my rabbit but he will get bloated and mushy or runny droppings. Have been trying to introduce to him for two months.

I’m starting to just let him have pellets and just a little leafy greens but it’s only two leaf of veggies, it will just be herbs and some greens from the nature.

My rabbit can’t handle a lot I’ve notice and I’m afraid he will get GI stasis if I let him have a normal diet of veggies when he can’t handle more than 5 leaves without getting bloated and need me to massage his stomach.

What's his age?

Herbs like basil, cilantro/coriander, mint --- those are all great! It doesn't have to be "veggies."

What have you tried? If a little bit of one type of green makes him get mushy poo, then stop offering that particular green. Wait several days before trying anything different. Make sure his poos are back to normal before offering a different type.

He’s 8 month but will be nine next week, I always wait until his droppings go back to normal and that his stomach stop being bloated.

I’ve tried argula, romaine and other dark green veggies, I always start with a small amount for a week and increase but nearly everything make him bloat.

Can I just give him herbs every day, I’ll be planting my owns in the house and I have herbs growing outside the whole year except for winter time. And just let him have a small amount veggies sometimes during the week.

He handle herbs a lot better than veggies.

Latest posts

Back