Is is possible? (Bonding)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moochyesh

Reaction score
Can i successfully bond 5 rabbits together?
3 females
2 males
? if so how do i start, i already have 1 male and 1 female bonded

Trios seem to be hard enough. I couldn't imagine trying for 5. I would say that if you got just the right buns with just the right personalities, then it's a possibility. But chances are that it would be extremely difficult to get to work, And it might not, and that's something you would have to be prepared for too. I would think that if you are going to attempt it, that you would add one rabbit into your bonded pair, at a time, and I would guess that you would do it like you do with a pair, and start with switching objects to get them used to each others scents, then progressively move up to bunny dates.

http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/bond.shtml

I've always heard that bonding four or more is easier than a pair or trio because they can form a more complete hierarchy and any initial conflicts tend to be spread out among members of the group. I've found this to be true with many other kinds of animals (especially solitary ones); it seems reasonable with rabbits. The people in my area that I have talked to keep three or four altered individuals together but not two, so I don't think it's uncommon. One mentioned that she felt that pairs were more problematic. I've seen at least one person here mention four together and people on other sites with groups of five. Google searching "multiple rabbits together" or something might bring up threads of people who have done it and how they went about it. I have four together at the moment but the females are not altered yet and I won't consider it a success until they are. :)

Latest posts

Back