Is eating rose petals bad for my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milano99

Reaction score
Is it bad to feed my rabbit rose petals? I boughtmy wife roses for our anniversary on 12/22, and this morning she putthe vase next to Jody's cage. He perked right up and just sniffed andsniffed. My wife asked me if I thought it would hurt him to eat a rosepetal. I know there are many plants that are toxic to any number ofanimals, but I never heard anything about roses. I put one rose petalin his cage, and it was gone in no time. But I don't want to feed himmore until I can find out if they are toxic to rabbits. Thanx....

hi there

even though it says on the website its fine

i wouldnt

i got LUCY a carnation last week but

before i gave it to her i rang the vet to ask if it was ok

he said i wouldnt give it to her becaiseyou dont no what sprays have been put on it

i said well i could rinse it under the tap and he said no

as the pesticides would be in the flower

varna xxxx

Most excellent thought, Varna. Thatpossibility never occurred to me. On the other hand, Joel, Idon't think Jody will succumb soon to the petal she ateearlier.*chuckle*

We've had buns inadvertently eat actual poisonous plants in minoramounts with no noticable affects. Not recommending same, youunderstand, just saying it sometimes is not necessary to immediatelyanticipate a worst case scenario.

Buck

The only time I would feed my rabbit anythinglike that is if I had personally grown the item and knew it had nopesticides on it.

I actually get a lot of organic greens for him. I pay a little more, but it's worth it to me.

Hmmm.....I'll have to see if my bunnies like rosepetals. I agree with you Bo B Bunny. Fortunately....I have a rosegarden that I planted and took care of myself so I know there's nopesticides.

Lanna

My bunnies have stripped the flowers off my rosebushes - I have some lovely pots of bare twigs, though:X - Jan

pernpot

Latest posts

Back