Is Bamboo litter safe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve been using cats best universal litter for haru but I can’t find it anymore and if i did it would be over priced.
I just found bamboo cat litter, and i was wondering if it’s safe for rabbits or not.
Also, can you please tell me what brand you use for your buns, something safe, does the job, and affordable if possible.
And what pellets do you guys use, because I use versel laga sensitive, and I can’t find it now, and I don’t know what else is safe for rabbits.
0A59AFE2-EFE4-4DCE-BB2E-5B102901BE91.jpeg

hmm its says on this link that its fast clumping M-Pets Bamboo Organic Cat Litter - 2.1Kg
I wouldn't use it if its clumping or scented, they could get blockage or respiratory issues

I use wood pellets for my litter, they're kilin dried so its safe for their lungs. Some buns do tend to eat litter, so be wary of that :)

I used to use disposable pee pads in their litterbox but its not really environmentally friendly, so I switched back to wood pellets :)

I also tried carefresh, the paper bedding, personally found it too expensive and you'd have to change their litter more often than with woodpellets

some owners use cocopeat, not sure if this is available everywhere, its like soil that absorbs their poop and pee. I think some owners would use it in their garden after. I tried once, and I didn't like how moist it was 😆

No wood shavings please! these contain phenols which are harmful for their respiratory system :)

hmm its says on this link that its fast clumping M-Pets Bamboo Organic Cat Litter - 2.1Kg
I wouldn't use it if its clumping or scented, they could get blockage or respiratory issues

I use wood pellets for my litter, they're kilin dried so its safe for their lungs. Some buns do tend to eat litter, so be wary of that :)

I used to use disposable pee pads in their litterbox but its not really environmentally friendly, so I switched back to wood pellets :)

I also tried carefresh, the paper bedding, personally found it too expensive and you'd have to change their litter more often than with woodpellets

some owners use cocopeat, not sure if this is available everywhere, its like soil that absorbs their poop and pee. I think some owners would use it in their garden after. I tried once, and I didn't like how moist it was 😆

No wood shavings please! these contain phenols which are harmful for their respiratory system :)
What brand of wood pellets? i didn't know what to get

I found grilling wood pellets, is it different from the ones that are used in the litter box or are all wood pellets the same?

Wood pellets meant for woodstoves are great if you can find them and usually super cheap, $5 for a 40lb bag!
Maybe you can link the one you found so we could check it out?

Hey guys, I’ve been using cats best universal litter for haru but I can’t find it anymore and if i did it would be over priced.
I just found bamboo cat litter, and i was wondering if it’s safe for rabbits or not.
Also, can you please tell me what brand you use for your buns, something safe, does the job, and affordable if possible.
And what pellets do you guys use, because I use versel laga sensitive, and I can’t find it now, and I don’t know what else is safe for rabbits.
View attachment 56758
Hello! if I were you, I would use litter thats meant for buns, not cats. Bunnies aren't cats, obviously, and your rabbit might eat it. It might be ok if it says it's rabbit-safe, though. Some cat litters can be used for bunnies, like Yesterday's News. I use this soft litter- it works very well for me!

Latest posts

Back