Is A Sneezing Rabbit A Sick Rabbit??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everybunny
My Polish Lop has been sneezing a little bit today and I'm wondering if I should be worried and "rush" to the vet and pay for a very expensive "She's ok come back if it gets worse..." diagnosis. I live in Canada and the weather has been crap lately and about a week ago she was neutered, is it possible she got sick from a dirty vet with sick animals or could it be the dander/weather?? The weather also affects human's and I want to say the pollen as its been extremely warm the past couple days and Spring is upon us. I'm so discombobulated ;)
If there is any Veterinarians here I would love to hear from you and what you think it could possibly be. Thank you all so much in advance and I hope everybunny has a great weekend!

I believe you mean she was spayed lol. Could be the snuffles it's better to be safe than sorry. Biscuit has the occasional sneeze I have only heard him sneeze once in the about 5 months of owning him.

Sneezing can be from a tickle in the nose (hay, fur, dust) or allergies or an infection. The thing to look for is discharge. Check for any signs of discharge around the nose or on the front paws (from trying to clean the nose).

If the discharge is clear, then it is usually nothing to worry about. If the discharge is milky in color or is any other color, that would be a sure sign of infection. So if you ever see colored (or milky-colored) discharge, your rabbit needs antibiotics from a vet.

My rabbit sneezes sometimes and a nice nose massage usually solves it for him. If snot is coming out or something is in his nose then you might want to go to the vet. If you really feel like something is wrong, then it's better to be safe than sorry and head to the vet for a checkup!

Latest posts

Back