is a conctrete floor ok?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzie

Reaction score
my girl is 100% litter trained so i took out the bottom part of her cage because she was shreading it up is that ok?

I don't advise concrete floors. If you don'thave a sealor on the concrete, it absorbs moisture (concrete isporous). It's also quite rough on rabbit's feet (but it is good fortheir nails). I kept mine on concrete for 2 days once and my poor boyhad majorly irritated sore hocks, mine are living in a pen in thegarage nowbut I completely cover the concrete with cardboardand newspaper, it's easier on their feet.

:yeahthatI agree with MBB. The raretimes I have to put my buns run on concrete I always but down their bigsheet of vet bed and boxes full of hay etc so they don't have to hoparound or rest on the concrete. That being said I have heard of quite alot of people putting their rabbits on concrete to run around with noill affects at all. It depends on the rabbit really, but personally Iwould never do it as my girls are rexes and I don't want to risk themgetting sore hocks.:)

My bun is on concrete - our patio - Ididworry at first but I haven't seen any ill effects. I dokeep a beady eye on her feet and the vet has checked her 3 times in thelast 9 months and can't find any problems.

HOWEVER, having said that, I've been tryng to findsome largegrass mats to put down for her - haven't been successful yet though.

Latest posts

Back