iPhone and iTouch users:

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethM

Reaction score
I think the title says it all.

I just got my new iPhone yesterday (can watch the bunny-cam from anywhere now, yay!!!) and would like to hear suggestions on good apps.

my fave app is the lol cats app there is 2 versions, the free one and the full app but the only difference between the 2 is that the free one contains adverts.
I think the next app I liked was something like Ipuppy or Ihusky, it was a bit like ninetendogs where you look after your puppy, by feeding, playing and cleaning them.
Theres some others too but I can't remember the name of them lol!
If I remember, I'll add them on.

Ooooh, congrats! I love my iPhone and could not be without it!

I've had loads of apps but the ones I use the most are:

Facebook
Twitterrific- for Twitter (I paid for mine but there is a free version too)
Google Earth- just because it's cool! (free)
Wikipedia (free)
Doodlebuddy- basically a drawing app, good to waste time with (I think it was free)
Lemonade Factory- a game where you have to sell lemonade on a stand and try and make profit- highly addictive! (free)
TV Guide- I think this is a UK version but I guess there must be a US version out there (free)
Sky+ -I can record programmes when I'm out on my Sky+ box! (think it was free)
Big Oven- looooads of recipes in here (free)
eBuddy- instant messaging app- I think I paid for this but I can't remember. I don't use it much but its good to be able to get on MSN if I want to from somewhere...
Sol Free- Solitaire!
Bejewled 2- Free Bejewled app
Multi-convert- I seem to use this randomly for looking up weight conversions, etc. Quite handy!

Those are about the ones I use most regularly. I also have a London Tube Map application, and some UK traffic applications too, but those probably wont be of much use to you LOL.

Did I mention I'm addicted to my iPhone?!! :shock:

My fav is Bejewelled 2. I play it ALL the time. I also like it because you can save your game and come back to it later.

I also have a dictionary on my itouch as I play a lot of scrabble with people that like to cheat, lol.

I also have solitaire, mahjong, google earth, a few word games(can't think of their names but its like boggle) and a brick breaker game.

I dont' have many non game apps.

ooooh have you guys searched for area 51 on google maps lol! it's a well weird place!
I haven't found any good bunny based apps yet, has anyone else?

I don't have one but I practically own my friends one I use it so much but iDork!! she has the free "lite" version but its soooo addictive and i'm putting it down as the reason i'm failing pysch hehe my whole time I spend playing it!

Yay!!! The only reason I got my iPhone is the camviewer app for bunny cam! I am not an apple lover but have turned to be an iPhone app addict.

I love:
camviewer
facebook
FML - very funny stories to fill some time if I am bored
Photoshop - it's free and it's excellent!
Backgrounder - a must have with camviewer. It allows the app to run in the backgroud without having to restart if you switch to the home screen. Love it!!! You need to jailbreak iPhone to get it though

Thanks for all the great suggestions, everyone! I am new to iTunes, and the sheer volume of apps to choose from was a little overwhelming at first.

I've had the iPhone for less than a month now, but it seems to have become attached to my hand! I love this thing!

I think one of my favorite apps so far is UrbanSpoon. A great restaurant finder, and free.
I now check on my bunnies several times a day when I'm out, to see what they are doing. :D

I really want to set up a camera to watch the bunnies when we're not at home! And at night would be good as well, because I'm always freaking out over the slightest sound they make but I hate going downstairs at night. It would be nice to just look on my phone and see 'oh they're ok' and go back to sleep lol!

I do have the Photobucket app, but it's pretty rubbish. From what I've worked out, you can only upload one photo at a time, and it seems to delete a picture out of the album you upload it to, to make room for the new picture? Very slow as well... I thought it would be great for uploading bunny pics and making them easier to post on RO, but I guess not.

Becka, I have 42 apps on my phone, and in total it takes up 184MB of space. Not too bad considering! If you think you might want to use the internet on it quite a bit though, you may want to consider getting an iPhone, as you can only use the iPod Touch where there's WiFi. That might be ok for you, I just know my friends that had the iPod Touch either all got iPhones in the end to have the mobile internet, or they want iPhones and wish they'd got one instead!

The only thing I'd change about my iPhone is the camera. I have the 3G version, not the 3GS, and it's not very good quality. One small movement of Dotty's nose and the whole picture becomes a blur, LOL.

I keep meaning to download Photoshop! I might go and get it now!

Ahh Thats good. The only reason I don't get an Iphone is the package cost. As of right now I don't have $100 a month for it. But I thought I would get the ITouch just to keep track of dates for the new job and such as my cellphone is a pane to add into. And also for music. I have WIFI at home so I can tape into that. I think we might have at the crapy work that SSSOOOOOO Ready to get out of...

Thanx for the info

mouse_chalk wrote:
Becka, I have 42 apps on my phone, and in total it takes up 184MB of space. Not too bad considering! If you think you might want to use the internet on it quite a bit though, you may want to consider getting an iPhone, as you can only use the iPod Touch where there's WiFi. That might be ok for you, I just know my friends that had the iPod Touch either all got iPhones in the end to have the mobile internet, or they want iPhones and wish they'd got one instead!

My friend in San Francisco is getting a Touch, she says there is free wifi available virtually everywhere in her city. I'm in Kansas City, though, and there is free wifi available almost Nowhere. I also like that, with a few dollars worth of apps, I was able to ditch my Palm Pilot, so now I have one fewer devices rattling around in my purse. Yay! (I used the Palm mainly to track my spending/expenses, and to keep track of my grocery list.) Also, my friend has Sprint and likes it.

A couple others that I found that I like are: iTV, shows tv guide sort of things, plus movie times, reviews, and previews (free!). I think I can also access my NetFlix account from it, but I haven't tried yet.

Photoshop (free), I just got that last night. Very cool!

I Can Has Cheeseburger (free), I like that it also shows pics from Fail Blog and Totally Looks Like.

I just got the free trial of Fish Tycoon, I used to play that on my Palm. Probably won't get the paid version, I always lost interest after a few days and all the fish would die!

I like Lemonade Tycoon (also got the free version).

Oh, and I try to buy from companies that don't test their products on animals, so Cruelty Free is a great resource to have with me when I'm shopping. I can just look up the brand right there in the store. Also free.

I LOVE Virtual Villagers 2 and Virtual Famlies. Both by last day at work. I play Mafia Wars, Vampires: Blood Lust, Street Racing, Scramble 2 (word game)by Zynga.

For movies I LOVE Flixter. The weather channel, Tip Calculator, NY Times, USA Today, AP Mobile, Yellow Pages....

I found 2 company's that have the Iphone here. 1 is a comapny that I hate and the other one I believe is a sister to company to the one I hate.

Do any of these plans look good?

Rogers Company I hate.
$60
Mega Value $30 + 1000 Messaging + 1 GB Data Service Plan

100 + 100 Bonus Weekday Minutes
Unlimited Evenings and Weekends from 9 PM
1000 Messages

or $60
$30 Mega Value Plan with double your minutes + 1 GB Data Service Plan

150 + 150 Bonus Weekday Minutes
Unlimited Evenings and Weekends from 6 PM
MY5 Canada-Wide

Fido
http://www.fido.ca/web/Fido.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=iphone&selectPlan=true

I've had my iPhone for over a year now and I LOVE it. My favorite apps are;

aNote
BeejiveIM
Facebook
WeatherBug
AroundMe
AppBox Pro
Remote
aSleep
Restaurants
TMZ
Flixster
Rock Band
Cak Mania 3
Sally's Salon
Sally's Spa
The Sims 3
Spore
Ms Pac-Man
PriceIsRight
Bejeweled 2
Frogger
Flick Bowling
Flick Fishing
Moron Test
iheartradio

I have LOADS of apps but the list above are the ones I acutally use often.

Latest posts

Back