Introduction

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petkeeper

Reaction score
Hi

I just wanted to introduce myself my name is Shannon and I have hollandlops. My male is Charlie and my female is Daisy. Ihave had 2 litters from them. I still have have 2 babies leftout of the last litter they are 7 weeks old and I am becoming quiteattached to them!!!I am not sure I will breed any more, Isaid when Icouldn'tfind homes for the litters inenough time I would stop breeding. All of my hollands aretorte in color. I am considering getting a dwarf bunnie but Iwant to do more research. I have been trying to find outwhich would be best a male or female. I havereadthat dwarf's can have some aggression problems and that generally it isthe male but I am not sure any suggestions would be great!

I have other animals too...2 dogs, 3 cats, and 12 rats and 1budgie. I love all my animals. I find all of themhave such personalities!!

I also have 2 human daughters ages 6 and 2 who are also animallovers...if you live with me you have no choice!! I am a stay at homemom....or Domestic Goddess as I like to refer to myself!!! just kidding!

Well that is enough about me. I look forward to talking to you guys!

Take care

Shannon and the zoo crew

Welcome Shannon! :)

We all look forward to sharing stories and experiences with youtoo. You do have quite an extensive family. Nicethat the animals let you live in the house with them. You'relove of all creatures great and small come across clearly in yourmessage.

I have just one rabbit and have had to really restrict myself to thatnumber. If I had the space, I'd have plenty more.Other people have warned me that my 'rabbit habit' wouldgrow. It's taken a lot of restraint on my part to keep it low!

It's a pleasure to meet you. Below is one of my favoritepictures of bunnies in the World. They're not Tucker, butthey're just as cute as him!

-Carolyn

newrobannerletcor.jpg

I think a Dwarf rabbit is a greta idea.I just got one two days ago. As to your question about male and female,i'm not sure. I got a female and so far she is very gentle and justkeeps licking me all the time, i'm sure males have the samepersonality. When you are choosing one look at a group of dwarf rabbitsome will have different personalitys. If you want a quite one look forthe ones sitting in the courner or sleeping. If your looking for anactive more playful rabbit look for the ones that like running aroundalot playing games. Whatever you get do tell us all. Good Luck infinding the right one. :)

Catherine (carrots):D

Thank you for the warm welcome!! I dolove my critters! That pic is one of my favs too.They look a lot like my baby lops. I adore lops!!

Well that is all for now just wanted to say thanks.

Shannon

I am a Netherland Dwarf breeder as far as thembeing aggressive i have thirty rabbits one is aggressive his babies areaggressive too.He does not bite me but growls if i try to touch histreat bowl.He is the only one i have that acts like that.Baby rabbitsare not going to be aggressive that comes after they become sexuallymature.I prefer males for pets.The best way to pick a bunny is to seethe parents and how there temperment is.I believe temperment ishereditary.bluebird

OMG! That is the cutest picture I've ever seen!!lol aww, I'm gonna cry... ahah I'm too sensitive... bah! hah. I'msaving that one!

Thanks Carolyn!

It have been known for dwarf rabbits to be quitevicious towards there owners and some dwarf rabbits have even beenknown to spit at there owners, lash out, bite ,scratch and beantisociable. On the other hannd some are lovely freindly genuinleynice rabbits that can turn out to be great pets.
Hope this helps.
Love 4rm lauren
xoxox
PS carolyn
That picture was really cute did you get it off that email if not where did you find it?

Latest posts

Back