Introducing Sky

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabine

Reaction score
This is Sky. She is 3 months old and so far the best of what came out of 2010 breeding. I love her colour and although she is already larger than her mom I think she is rather well balanced. Ears could be a bit neater I guess.
Any comments welcome:biggrin:
Image0115.jpg

Whiskerz wrote:
what breed? Very pretty coloring!

She is a Netherland Dwarf of course! :)

Sabine, She looks very nice. You are well on your way to having awesome ND's.

The only thing I wold worry about with her is her color. I hope it gets darker once she molts.

lelanatty wrote:
Whiskerz wrote:
what breed? Very pretty coloring!

She is a Netherland Dwarf of course! :)

Sabine, She looks very nice. You are well on your way to having awesome ND's.

The only thing I wold worry about with her is her color. I hope it gets darker once she molts.
Thank God she was recognizable as a ND:)The colour?! Really? I thought that was her strong point. I have loads of darker smoke pearls and I thought she was closer to the correct shade:?
P.S. Looking at the picture again I remembered that we lightened it a bit as the contrast wasn't great on the original. I guess she does look somewhat lighter than normal considering that the cloth she is sitting on is normally bright orange.

Image0118.jpg

This is a five months old buck (half brother to Sky) I suspect he doesn't carry REW like both their mom.

I like that one's color much better.

Honestly, it all depends on who is looking at them. Different pople have different opinions on what the color should look like. I know that smoke pearls are not supposed to look "white." There are very dark ones and there are very light colored ones, but just like with siamese sables, I believe the desired shade is medium.

It may just be the lighting. Pictures never perfectly represent what they are capturing.

I may try to get a picture of her in better light. I am not a great photographer and always rely on David to take the pictures.
In the pictures her colouring does resemble my sable point lionhead Smokey but if put next to each other she looks distinctly darker. Maybe I should try a get a shot of the two of them next to each other.
I am relieved though if the colour may be the only point of criticism:)

Latest posts

Back