Introducing our (maybe) new bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devi

Reaction score
Duchess. She is a 5 year old lilac otter colored Holland lop, the lady who had her was giving her away for free to who ever wanted her now that her breeding days are over.. I'm not sure if she will stay or if she would be better off with people who know rabbits better. But I couldn't bare the thought of her situation and how careless she was being re homed.
bunny002_zps98bae453.jpg

bunny001_zps647a9696.jpg

She comes off as almost overweight but I can not be sure as I never had a full grown rabbit before. As my other bunny is only just reaching 4 months.

Awww, what a sweetheart! Thanks for taking her in! Glad you two found each other! I hate when people just give animals away to just anyone who will take them, not knowing or caring if the people taking the animal knows anything or really will provide a good home. She is so fortunate to have you!!!! Bunny hugs to the both of you!

She's lovely, good for you I hope it all works out and she has lots of good times ahead :goodluck

Thanks everyone, So far since I let my current Rabbit out to hop around to get some playtime in before my youngest wakes up she has done little more than make aggressive actions towards Duchess's cage, and this makes me worried about introducing them. Even last night my current one seemed less than thrilled at the scent of another bunny in the house even refused her evening brushing and playtime, her ears are still plastered to her back.

Well, A few things are becoming clear Duchess went aggressive on me when I tried to feed her this morning, while I know she is stressed and in a new environment so she is scared but wow she was willing to cross the length of the cage to get at me she even tried to attack my bun through the bars. I think she maybe better off with someone with more bun experience as she does not seem very human oriented.

Latest posts

Back