Introducing my bunnies to vegetables

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I luv bunnies

Reaction score
I have 2 bunnies I’d say around a year and 4 months or so and I haven’t been feeding them greens that much. They’ve had lettuce and fruits and vegetables but they aren’t very used to it. Does anyone have any tips on how to introduce them to greens?

The key is to offer only one type at a time. So say you want to introduce cilantro. You'll offer a small bit the first day (see link below). Then you'll continue offering cilantro each day for several days in a row. Each day they get a bit more. Check for reaction (described at link). After a week or so of just that one type of green, then you can switch and try a different green -- going through the same process again.

Think more in terms of greens (rather than "veggies") since greens are what they should be getting. Skip fruits altogether for now. Those can be introduced much later, after they are used to a wide variety of greens. Greens can be part of their daily diet. Fruits are a treat only (sugary), so wait until later to introduce various fruits.

https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/greens--veggies.html

Latest posts

Back