Introducing a Netherland Dwarf to an older girl

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
I have a rabbit who lost her sister two year ago I have had her four years and always feel guilty she is alone. I had a lionhead who died earlier this year who was caged separately to her. I am keen on a smaller rabbit breed like the Dwarf and wondered if I can introduce a babey Dwarf to her. Just wondered would she react badly and bully the younger or would it be company for her. Any advice appreciated.

If you're looking to bond her, it's best to find an already-spayed or already-neutered rabbit. Either could be introduced to her so you can pre-screen for potential compatibility.

The potential problem with introducing a baby, is not that they won't get along. Most likely they actually would get along--at first (typically babies are accepted by older rabbits, but not always). The problem comes when the baby's hormones kick in. When that happens, they may decide to fight. After that hormonal baby is fixed and healed, it may still not get along with the older rabbit. This is the potential problem with getting a baby. You won't know until after many months (and many $$ for surgery) whether or not they will ultimately get along.

Latest posts

Back