Internet Security

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishbunny

Reaction score
I bought Norton internet security when I bought my laptop, now it wants me to buy a renewal for €75! Lol, no way. Do any computer savvy people know any good free internet security programmes?

You can download free trials, but they only last a month.
I know Norton stuff goes on sale in stores (Staples here usually), but I don't know about where you are. It can be up to 50% off and sometimes more if the product is an older version (like the previous year with a new version coming out).
If you are only using it for one computer, I think there are some that are only good for one and are a bit cheaper. There are also some for 3 computers (or even tablets and such) if you need that.

Free programs can be iffy. Some will scan your computer, but if there is anything you still have to pay to fix it. They might not update as much, so might not protect as well as paid protection.

It may be to late as you might have already bought something.

I work in information security at a large company. You do not need to pay for antivirus.

Just get Microsoft Security Essentials and then also get Spy Bot.
SE is made by Microsoft and is totally legit. It does the job perfectly.
Spybot is a great application that has been around a very long time that will pick up anything SE missed. Between the two you should be covered.
Best part, they are both free!!

Hope that helps

That's a lot! I actually just downloaded MSE, and I'll get that Spy Bot also. I feel like Norton is a total rip off, it does the job really well but it's so expensive.

Latest posts

Back