Inside or outside? (poll)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does your bunny (or bunnies) live in a cage outside or inside?

• My bunny lives outside.

• My bunny lives inside.

• My bunny lives outside but I take it in often.

• My bunny lives inside but I take it outside often.

Results are only viewable after voting.
As requested: Basil's pen. I just gave him a whole bunch of hay and dandelions, so the river rock looks messy, but he'll have that mown down soon. The black tubing going around the top is the mister. It's homemade, just a roll of 1/4" sprinkler tubing capped off at the end with holes in it (from thumb tacks!). When I attach it to the hose it mists the grass area.

7412157616_850c2c3ae6_z.jpg

My run is fully predator proof, but the only predator to my bunnies is cats and dogs, there is no such thing as foxes, badgers, snakes, or birds of prey where i live, lol. I live on a teeeeeny tinnnyy island next to England :) The hottest it's ever got here since i've lived here is 24 degrees celcius so not that hot compared to America :)

I keep my trio inside. Between the wild rabbits that run around (scared of a territorial spat) and the crappy fence (whose gate fell off, letting everyone in), I just can't feel safe. They would be great outdoor rabbits though, minus the temperature concerns. They're pretty self-entertaining.

All 18 of our show buns stay outside in hutches and stackable cages. I have franklin my french lop inside under our mini pool table in an NIC condo and Rocky my britannia petite in his big two story cage. We are also housing a doe with four babies in a cage due to the nasty heat lately.

My bunnies live outside but I bring them in often~some of my family has allergies so this is the only way we can have any furry pets.

bad kelpie: Thanks for the pic!! that's really cool and I love the homemade mister:) I'm sure your furry friend loves and appreciates it!!

No offense Brandy but I laughed so hard about the stroller. I really can't say anything though because I'm paranoid to let them in the grass due to pesticides. Maybe once I get my own yard we can try the grass. I would imagine they're pretty well socialized though.

that is so cool. Basil looks super happy!

I would so do something like that for Bugsy.. but my neighborhood is LOADED with cats...big, small, all sizes lol

My wife and I keep our bunnies inside and always have. They actually get a little scared if I take them outside. They just stand and shake. The vet told us inside was the best decision too. Buns can get sick more often if they are outside because they have to deal with the flies and other things floating around. Also, some people tend to forget and neglect care for their buns if they are outside. Out of sight, out of mind kind of thing. I feel its easier to take care of them inside anyways. If you maintain their cage and clean their litter, they do not cause too bad of a smell. We have them in their own separate room at our house though, so that helps a lot too. It gives them more space to move around too. :)

Inside!
For me, the point of having a rabbit is to have a friendly companion in the house. He is totally "free range" inside, everything is bun-proofed. And he usually behaves himself ;)

Rue is an inside bun. I live in an apartment building smack dab in the middle of the city.

We are going to build her a little run out at our camp though and take her with us so she can get some outside time at the camp and we would bring her in at night.

My buns live inside. I live on a tidal marsh so there are birds of prey, stray cats. The worst though is by day we have hundreds of no see ums and one mosquito species that attacks, and at night 2 types of Mosquitos! My poor bunnies would be chewed up alive :shock:

I've kept all my past rabbits inside. Here are my current pair. The cage door is open all day (about 15 hours). We just had 2 days at 115F (40C) and the nights stayed in the 90s. Our summers are hot, hot, hot!

537dra.jpg

Latest posts

Back