*insert inappropriate title*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anaira

Reaction score
Nermal is tearing up the lino on my floor. Granted, it is hideous lino, but there's uglier concrete underneath! She's done a pretty good job in three corners, and I've tried blocking them off; but she just laughs. Especially in one corner, where I can only have something so high, and she can just jump over it. It's starting to look a little major! I didn't think there was anything wrong with dismantling cardboard boxes, but apparently they're too mainstream. :rollseyes

So what the heck do I do now?? Reuben and Willoughby already destroyed the carpet, so I removed that; now what, wait for them to start digging through the concrete??

At least digging on the concrete will keep her nails filed down for you and you won't have to trim them :)

If you are getting her spayed anytime soon, it may help tamp down the digging obsession a little. It did with my doe. She was a digging maniac before her spay. She still digs now, but a lot less and not nearly as obsessive as she was before. In the mean time, what about putting some bricks or heavy tiles in the areas where she likes to dig.

She's not even digging so much, just ripping it up! But yes, I'm getting her spayed as soon as I figure out how to get her there....at this stage I'm tempted to hide her carry cage on the pushchair, and smuggle her on the train. :p

bricks are a good idea, there's a pile of them in the yard actually. I'm sure no one will mind if I borrow a few; but I know she'll just find a new place to rip it. Because the concrete is crumbly, it's easy to grab it and pull it whenever the edge is; and it isn't in one sheet, it's in several. Not keen on a row of bricks in the middle of the floor. :p

Yes, this room was built horribly, on many levels. The rubbish floor is just the start. *sigh*

Last edited:
What is a pushchair?

Like a pram?

Or as us 'Mericans say a stroller?

Cause I have this crazy image in my head

Last edited:
yep, all of those things. The image is kinda crazy, but hey. So am I. :p I don't drive, and I have to get her there somehow! I usually hide my rats in a little carry cage that fits nicely into my bag, but it's a little on the small side for her. :p

You probably could carry it in a thin laundry bag.

Could you flatten some cardboard boxes & put them on the floor? It wouldn't look too good, but apparently the linoleum doesn't look good either.

Hmm something like that might work, actually. Would have to be breathable.

I've thought about buying one of These; or this; but I'm just not sure if I could pull it off on a train or not. I'm also worried about it being too stressful for her. *sigh*

Having no transport sucks. Big time. As does not having a rabbit savvy vet close. D:

I guess, but I think she'd just tug and throw them around. I'm going to brainstorm and try think of some cool destructible things that she thinks she isn't supposed to destroy. :p

Why can you not just bring her in a carrier on the train without hiding her? Granted the only time I have ever been on a train was when I was on vacation.

Don't think they are allowed on. A friend tried catching the train with his rats in a carrier, and he wasn't allowed on. Pretty sure only guide dogs, and the like are allowed on public transport.

haha. Omar just asked if Nermal was found. Well he didn't say nermal and he didn't say Ariana but I was able to translate "did she find her rabbit" into that. He's starting to get into the soap opera that is Rabbitsonline.net

lol! I'm touched so many people were concerned. :D

I just bought this; picture is ridiculously large, but you can zoom out on it using ctr -. I love all things black and white, so I think it'll be cute. Hopefully Nermal won't get stressed out by it, I'll make sure she's used to it and then make the appointment. I'd hate to carry around a bag that has thumping/growling noises coming from it; wouldn't be a great look. Hopefully it'll get here Tuesday, but Thursday is probably more likely, Wednesday being a public holiday.

Was trying to discuss possible ways to get there with my brother, but all he did was offer to put her down for me, free of charge, using the axe. Or I could take her out somewhere, and let her hop out free so she could live like a natural rabbit, instead of wasting money on surgery. I should get mad at him, but I never can. I know he's just teasing, but I wish I wasn't so buried under his influence. And I wish I could discuss my frustrations with someone who actually gives a ****, or at least just listens, IRL. Guess that's why I have RO, eh?

Latest posts

Back