Injured Bun. Help! *graphic picture!!!!*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strax

Reaction score
So my two buns got into a fight last week and one ripped out quite a chunk of fur and skin from the other. We went to the vet and she said there wasn't much to do, just keep an eye on it.
I just took a look at it and it looks like she has put a bunch of matted fur in the wound as it was healing. Is this okay? Should I be trying to clean it, or cut the fur out? Or is this a natural thing that wounded buns do?

This is my first bunny injury! Ack!
I've attached a pic of the wound so you can see what I mean!

Thank you in advance for any help or advice I receive!

image.jpg

just TOTALLY leave it alone. TOTALLY. if you mess with it you'll make it worse. it will heal up, scab over and the wooly scab will fall off. :) (this just my own personal experience)

So this is like an actual thing? That buns do? The words wooly scab oddly make me feel more at ease haha! Like it's not someone totally abnormal. It's just nothing like I've ever seen before!

I personally would leave it alone, too. It doesn't look infected and if you try to mess with it you could open it back up.

Latest posts

Back