Infertile or Unwilling doe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martha2000

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to breed my doe twice now... both times with the same proven buck and first time she pulled fur and made a nest on day 28 and then the second time there was nothing even though both times we had 3 fall offs. Although she was making a horrible honking sound and being very aggressive so I had to just put my hand by her face to stop her from attacking him!! Is there anything i can do?

With multible fall offs and a proven buck chances really are that something is wrong with her, but it's just two strikes now.
How old is she, and is this her first time?

They aren't always in the mood, I've heard of some hacks people try, like leaving the light on for a few days and giving less rich food. And breeding her for several days in a row.
I had a doe attack the buck once, I stuffed both of them in a cardboard box just big enough for both lying on it's side, guarding the open side and keeping them there for 5 minutes, that got her off her high horse and distracted her long enough for the mating right after.

Now I just keep the buck with the pair of does for 3 weeks, they make up their mind at some point but this year the litters were 2 weeks apart.

You may also want to look at the possibility of rabbit syphilis being the cause. It can cause fertility issues, and would make mating very uncomfortable or painful for her, which could cause her to be distressed and react aggressively towards the buck.

MediRabbit (rabbit syphilis)

rabbits when they are passed 3 years old are not easy to breed , that is be cause they lose fertility...
Or if you tried with the Same buck , maybe he doesnt have much sperm...

With multible fall offs and a proven buck chances really are that something is wrong with her, but it's just two strikes now.
How old is she, and is this her first time?

They aren't always in the mood, I've heard of some hacks people try, like leaving the light on for a few days and giving less rich food. And breeding her for several days in a row.
I had a doe attack the buck once, I stuffed both of them in a cardboard box just big enough for both lying on it's side, guarding the open side and keeping them there for 5 minutes, that got her off her high horse and distracted her long enough for the mating right after.

Now I just keep the buck with the pair of does for 3 weeks, they make up their mind at some point but this year the litters were 2 weeks apart.
Hi yes it’s her first time and she is 9.5 months old I’ve been checking her “private parts” and they are still pink... I will attach a photo does this mean she isn’t ready?

Hi yes it’s her first time and she is 9.5 months old I’ve been checking her “private parts” and they are still pink... I will attach a photo does this mean she isn’t ready?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 2
rabbits when they are passed 3 years old are not easy to breed , that is be cause they lose fertility...
Or if you tried with the Same buck , maybe he doesnt have much sperm...
Thank you, I am trying another buck this weekend so hopefully it will work this time

Latest posts

Back