Indoor Bunny problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura0709

Reaction score
I've had my female for about 3 months. I have accommodated her in every way, but she still poops and pees everywhere. She's chewing on the edge of my carpets. She chewed up my couch. My husband said to get rid of her, but I'm so attached. She is really smart and loves my 2 dogs. She's about a year old and I'm wondering if I get her spayed, will it help any of the behavioral problems. She was raised outside and I let her out once in a while, but she loves being in a house. I don't know what to do.

Spaying may help with litter box training. Does she have free range of the whole house? You may want to just make a bunny-proof area with a litter box in it and lots of toys. I put hay nearmy bunny's litter box so that he goes in there to eat it. If she starts using the litter box, maybe add a few more around the house so there is always one nearby.

My rabbit is limited to half of a room and that part of the room doesn't have anything in it that I don't mind being chewed. Other than blocking access to those items, I don't think you can do anything about the chewing. My rabbit loves to chew cardboard boxes so that might help distract her. However, every once in a while I catch him chewing on the corner of the baseboard. I'm just resigned to the fact that I will need to replace that corner when I want to sell my house. The storage cube grids (NIC panels) hooked together with zip ties are a great way to block bunnies from things you don't want chewed on. When I had him in a room with carpet, I purchased a remnant of cheap vinyl flooring and put that down on the carpet.

Hopefully the spay will help. Also, limiting the area they have access too until they are more reliable helps. It also makes it easier for you to be able to clean it up on a regular basis. Once they get the idea you can expand the space. You may get a rasin or two around, but nothing like before training.

I use NIC pannels all around the edge of the room my buns are in to they can't chew on the base boards or dig at the carpet (for some reason they only want the edges). Bamboo placemats are great for digging on, boxes or wicker with paper or other materials are also great. It helps if you give them a safe outlet for the natural urges.

Latest posts

Back