Inactive/not eating hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hello guys, today I woke up at 4 pm and took haru out of the cage to play, she was laying down all the time and I thought that it’s normal for her to be sleeping at this time, I gave her hay, she ate a little bit and pooped healthy poops, she also went to dig on the kitchen corner, she looked totally okay, but after that she stretched out and didn’t get up since then, it’s 10 pm now, she doesn’t want to move, she would stretch out or sit in a loaf position, she’s not hunched, and she doesn’t really look like she’s in pain, when I give her hay, she would only eat one or two strands and refuses to eat more, I gave her lettuce and she ate it but she didn’t come running after me afterwards which is unusual, I also gave her a little bit of pellets and she ate them, but when I take it from her she wouldn’t look for more, I gave her two doses of gas drops mixed with a little bit of mandarin orange juice so she would take it, when I tried to message her belly she got up and sat on another spot, but her belly was soft and not bloated or anything, what could this be and what should i do

I don’t really know about this but if she isn’t eating hay, her digestive tract won’t be moving good. I would take her to the vet in case it’s the early stages of stasis. I hope he’ll get better! ❤️

I saw her sitting in her litter box, I don’t know if she ate anything or not, but she pooped. After that my mom tried to feed her romane and mint, she refused to eat them and she would look away, I’m getting worried.
Half an hour ago i let her into my room and she looked okay, she started running a little bit, and now she’s back to not eating, it’s 1 am now and the vet is closed tomorrow, also the rabbit vet is on a vacation and won’t be back until February😭😭

Her poops aren’t a 100% but they don’t look bad, and she doesn’t look like she’s in pain I’m not sure what it is

I kept annoying her and slapping her with the mint so she would eat it, she did eat it but she ate it while she’s laying down which is also unusual, usually she would get up and eat

Hopefully she should hold out until you can get her to the vet! Keep on trying to feed her like you are doing. And make sure she’s drinking. I really hope she gets better! 💛

Update
I locked her in the cage and she started eating 😑
Today she looked okay but then suddenly stopped eating, i let her play outside and she did some binkies, it’s more like a mood thing than being sick, she’s acting the same as when we take her to the vet I just don’t understand why..

Latest posts

Back