I'm worried about Lego

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnoliaDee

Reaction score
I'm really worried about my girl Lego. She's 7.5 years old approx. I fed her breakfast on teh way to work yesterday, when I came home she hadn't finished it. She'd eaten most. I've noticed this a bit lately, so I've cut down on her pellets, hoping she'd eat more hay. Anyways, she hasn't eaten since breakfast yesterday (I don't know when she ate her breakfast tho). Today (and last night) I've been giving her Ovol. I don't really seem like a gas issue tho since I don't hear gurling. Her tummy was very hard on the left hand side just below her ribcage. So I've been trying to massage it... and tonigh I don't feel it like I did all day. I've also been having her ride the dryer and I put a heating pad under a sheet under her. She doesn't seem to want the heat.

She ate a tiny bit of banana, but nothing since. Won't touch hay, pumpkin or the rest of the banana (tho I seems like she wants to).

I also have some left over metacam... but don't know how much to give her.

I have given her a bit of water too. But this afternoon I found her laying beside her water bowl with her head resting on the rim (not very like her at all). And just now I she was in her litterbox, football position and I saw a large teardrop on her one eye. It's not snotty... just a tear. I think she's in pain.

Unfortunately we are having a holiday here in Canada, so I couldn't take her to the vet. I really don't know if she's gonna make the night.

Any suggestions for us? Should I give her metacam... what dose? I do have some critical care in the freezer, but not sure if I should give it to her or not, if she has a blockage.

Thanks,

Sandra

I should add that she's always been abou 3.5 lbs. I found the syringe for my metacam and under a friends suggestion gave her hopefully a .2 dose. It's hard to tell as the metacam syringe is in KG not ML.

Now that I don't feel the hard area in her tummy I feel like I can give her proper tummy massages. How long should I do them for each time?

Hi Sandra,
I am no expert but when any of mine have been sick i hold them, if I have to I will wrap them in a soft towel or one of the fleece blankets I made for them. I will message their tummies continuously and even walk with them.

If you think Lego's body tempature is getting lower as in she's feeling cooler then normal, I use a sock filled with rice which I then microwave so it is warm. This really helps to warm the bunnies.

Not sure where you live, their is an Emergency Vet clinic in Toronto, on Sheppard Ave/Bayview Avenue. I took Buttercup their a few years ago when he was attacked by one of my other bunnies. It was lucky that the vet on call had dealt with bunnies.

Have you tried pumpkin?

Sending lots of prayers and good wishes for Lego.

Susan

:pray::pray::pray:

Sandra is a good friend of mine (we've personally met) and I've been talking to her on Facebook. She is just across the river from Detroit and I suggested she contact a mutual friend there for a vet suggestion.

Much love to Lego (I've met Lego too and helped chase her around Sandra's yard!).

Thanks girls! I went and got pumpkin... and tried it, but no luck. I had her on the dryer again with the heating pad under her. This time she didn't try to get off of the heat. And I was able to massage her tummy some. She's back in her room (so I can have supper) and she went over the wilted green leafies and gave them a small taste. So I went out to the garden and got her some fresh. So far no go with them either. But I will continue do give her the ovol, metacam and tummy rubs with heat. Hopefully we can get her thru the night.

Keep her in your prayers please.

btw... how often do you give metacam?

thanks,
Sandra

Thanks for the prayers Nancy.

After a day of on again off again dryer, tummy rubs, metacam & ovol drops... I'm happy to say that Lego ate some hay... and had some pumpkin as well. This is a very happy site to my eyes. I've tucked her back into her room for bed. And will give her another dose of metacam and ovol tomorrow morning, and see if she ate any more thru the night.

I seem to notice that she has become more prone to this type of issue as she's gotten older. I think I'll make a seperate post to see if anyone else has found things to be similar, and if a diet change in elderly buns has helped.

Thanks so very much for all the prayers... I see improvement and that is vey relieving. I know we have a ways to go, but it is better than I had feared it would be earlier today.

Sandra

Latest posts

Back