i'm thinking of doing something

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatcrazybunny

Reaction score
i saw this one video on youtube a long while ago, and i just came across it again. i was thinking of trying to get my room mates or even my co-workers in on it on a day off as a volunteer thing, that we go to the mall or something and rent out a space and give free hugs with a donation box for "cure for cancer" or to go towards "adopt a family foundation". what do you think?

here is the link to the video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4[/ame]

i think it's inspiring because the fact that even just smiling at someone can make their face lighten up, so i wonder what a hug would do.

My first thought was....ewwww, I would not hug a stranger!! I watched the video, and it looks very nice, though. Still not sure if I'd hug a stranger, but that's me.

Don't know about the "donation" part of it....Personally, I only donate to established organizations, and then only directly to them. (If someone's collecting for an organization, I'd rather just donate directly to the organization rather than to the person collecting on their behalf.)

if this went through, it would be a work thing. of course we'd need to talk to what ever charity it would be going to (most likely the adopt a family foundation) and have them send up the set-up and the donation box's and fliers and so on. my work is currently doing the "adopt a family" fundraiser within the working community, so we are already established within that. we would just need permission from them to go more "out there" with the fund raising, cause we'd be doing it in their name.

Latest posts

Back