I'm so sick of having outside bunnies in the winter!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnys_rule63

Reaction score
Ihave just come in looking absolutely filthyfrom putting Millie to bed outside,after I trippedover onto our lawn whilesorting out her hutchfor the night. Oh - and did I mention I tripped overwhile holding her dirty litter box -soas well as beingcovered in mud I also havehay,litter and rabbit poostuck to my clothes and hair. Delightful.:rollseyes

I am so sick of stumbling around in the dark trying to do bunny duties.:grumpy:I am counting down the days till the summer!

Ok, you may laugh at me now...because I'm pretty sure my neighbours had a good chuckle!:embarrassed:

Now please excuse me while I go in the shower and get changed into some clean clothes.:p

You might want to put a light out by their cages. Or even a motion detector light. We have one in our backyard and its great as you dotn' have to turn it on and off.

Well I have had bunn poo on me to but it was also on the floor because my bunn is in my room:scared:is their any way you could keep your bunns inside?

Awwww... I'm sorry you tripped and got covered in bunny poo... :)D). Hope the neighbors weren't looking! The motion sensor lights really work well. (And if set up properly, they go on if anyone comes near your bunnies!)

If it's any consolation, the daylight will be lasting a tiny bit longer now. I know how it is... it was 17 degrees F (-8 C) this morning in my barn... And my rabbits were mad at ME cause their water froze!

(I was in such a hurry to get to work this morning, after taking care of the bunnies, I forgot to take off my barn shoes! So you can imagine how I smell in the office today! :embarrassed:

Ok Now I know this not a laughing matter,

please consider the indoor hutches from petsmart

and there is a thread here that shows how to a condo for buns video if your tight for money.

use a plastic trash bag to empty the litter box and avoid the messy trip

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
. Oh - and did I mention I tripped overwhile holding her dirty litter box -soas well as beingcovered in mud I also havehay,litter and rabbit poostuck to my clothes and hair. Delightful.:rollseyes
:roflmao:

ahahahaha!! Sorry but I can't help picturing someone with dripping wet hair with sawdusty litter all over them, holding an empty litter tray with a mad look on their face! :laughsmiley:

I am so with you on the night time though. I cannot wait until the lighter evenings come in. It's all downhill from here though! :D

Oh and I know how much of a mess soggy litter makes. I was emptying our litter 'tub' into the recycling bin the other night in the pouring rain (in my fluffy slippers lol) and I completely missed the bin. Now we have soggy litter-dust all over our front lawn, the lid of the bin and the pavement.... :shock:

I bet Millie thought it was funny? :p

lol i don't know what is worse, that or me running around my garden at night chasing in my free roaming rabbits, calling out some ridiculous names, like casserole! I agree a light is a great idea, however it is better if you can use your neighbours security light like i do then you don't have to pay the electricity bills lol

mouse_chalk wrote:
Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
. Oh - and did I mention I tripped overwhile holding her dirty litter box -soas well as beingcovered in mud I also havehay,litter and rabbit poostuck to my clothes and hair. Delightful.:rollseyes
:roflmao:

ahahahaha!! Sorry but I can't help picturing someone with dripping wet hair with sawdusty litter all over them, holding an empty litter tray with a mad look on their face! :laughsmiley:

I am so with you on the night time though. I cannot wait until the lighter evenings come in. It's all downhill from here though! :D

Oh and I know how much of a mess soggy litter makes. I was emptying our litter 'tub' into the recycling bin the other night in the pouring rain (in my fluffy slippers lol) and I completely missed the bin. Now we have soggy litter-dust all over our front lawn, the lid of the bin and the pavement.... :shock:

I bet Millie thought it was funny? :p

Ha ha - it was very funny! I've been having such a stressful week as well and was so so tired when I was putting Millie to bed, so when I was lying splayed out on the muddy floor with a big pile of litter in front of me (and on me!) I just had to laugh!:pI hope I can clean up the mess before my mum spots it in the morning though or I don't think she will be too pleased.:foreheadsmack:I'll just say I was 'fertilizing' the lawn.;)

And I'm sure ifMillie could have laughed she would have been in stitches looking at the state of me!:pThe expression on her face was priceless. We mere humans are so clumsy in comparison to elegant Miss Millie.:D

Ona serious note, don't worry guys. I've had bunnies outside for 7 years (although I only have Millie at the moment) so I'm pretty well adjusted. It's just the seemingly ever-present darkness that gets to me sometimes! And our outside light is broken, so I'll have to get that fixed at some point.:?We have a security light but that only stays on for a few seconds so is a bit annoying when I am outside for a long time andnot really moving.

BlueGiants - I cannot wait till it is lighter here!The days are slowly getting longerhere but it is still dark by 5pm.:( I can't wait for the clocks to change so we can get some decent daylight for a change!

That stinks! I really hope your neighbors weren't watching! They might think you're odd! My neighbors think I am odd... I chase squirrels off my patio with a broom. Yeah...

well these are 1 those mounments you want to keep it your self, a nice hot shower and fresh clothes must have made you feel better.

Good on you for keeping your sense of humour :cool:

The dark early evenings are a pain aren't they? Even more so if you are working and can't get to the buns outside any earlier.

I have one normal shampoo for my coloured hairand another with a strong fresh smell that I use after doing a full hutch scrub out.

Jo xx

Sorry, Jess, but :roflmao:

I know, I know, I should be sympathetic, but I needed a laugh :p.

At least it was soft and muddy, and you didn't hurt yourself:biggrin2:

And all the time, Millie is thinking "What is wrong with these humans. If they were on all fours that wouldn't have happened" ;)

Jan

maybe be the bunny be saying this.

baby-bunny.gif
Are you alright? Can you find it in your heart to forgive me ... looks at him or her with big deep sad eyes....

:D sorry, that's hilarious. At least you feel even cleaner now! Hee, we're in summer over here thank goodness.

It wouldn't do any harm to get hourself a head lamp and rain coat, rain boots and rain hat. You'll be well-lit and protected from spills! And a woman running around in the yard dressed head-to-toe in brightly-coloredplastic rain clothes, with a headlamp on, yelling "Casserole! Heeeeeeere Cassseroooollleee!" would provide free entertainment for the entire neighborhood.

Latest posts

Back