I'm so sick of having outside bunnies in the winter!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jess I know how you feel, it is pitch black outside at like 6 and asometimes raining, luckily I got an umbrella hat for Christmas so I can hold 3 water bottles and bowls without getting wet :p

Glad your clean now though :D

fffarmergirl wrote:
It wouldn't do any harm to get hourself a head lamp and rain coat, rain boots and rain hat. You'll be well-lit and protected from spills! And a woman running around in the yard dressed head-to-toe in brightly-coloredplastic rain clothes, with a headlamp on, yelling "Casserole! Heeeeeeere Cassseroooollleee!" would provide free entertainment for the entire neighborhood.
:roflmao: Do that around here at 6 am and the neighbors won't be entertained... they are more likely to call the police on me! LOL! ("There goes that crazy rabbit lady again!")

BlueGiants wrote:
fffarmergirl wrote:
It wouldn't do any harm to get hourself a head lamp and rain coat, rain boots and rain hat. You'll be well-lit and protected from spills! And a woman running around in the yard dressed head-to-toe in brightly-coloredplastic rain clothes, with a headlamp on, yelling "Casserole! Heeeeeeere Cassseroooollleee!" would provide free entertainment for the entire neighborhood.
:roflmao: Do that around here at 6 am and the neighbors won't be entertained... they are more likely to call the police on me! LOL! ("There goes that crazy rabbit lady again!")
LOL - you could be on one of the cops shows!

I know the feeling! With my OH being allergic to the buns, it is very rare they come inside .. though he is the one who instigates it if he feels it's too cold .. trouble is, the hay sets Mike's asthma off terribly ... even if they are in the garage.

So .. they're just outside the patio door .. so they can see us and feel part of the family .. they have their cage, with an expandable run .. during the winter I keep it about 4 foot by 6 foot as they tend to mark their territory by pooping all over the place and, as you say, cleaning them up in the cold weather isn't the best.

During the summer though, they have a run of about 5 foot by 10 foot - the top is covered by netting and I leave their cage door open so they can go in and out as they please.

It's blowing a gale tonight and only Mookie, so far, as braved the elements .. her fur is sticking up all over and she has plumped her little body into a puffball. :biggrin2:

OOh .. let me tell you what I've found useful .. get one of those battery operated lights from Wilco .. they're only about £1.49 but give off an ok light and there's no danger to the rabbits should they try and examine it.

Latest posts

Back