I'm so happy to have my bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had an unfavorable day today after a call was made that has left me devastated. Knowing that rabbits are very sensitive creatures, I didn't realize just how sensitive. I decided to sit on the floor for a bit and Tu Shen noticed how upset I was. So instead of just laying down or continuing to eat his hay, he chose to climb on me, zoomy around me, binky behind me and in front of me, and sitting on my phone until I gave him pets. I couldn't stay upset. It was too adorable. I'm still not happy, but I'm not constantly crying now. Thanks to my baby boy.

DSCN1430.JPG

Anyway, I'm happy we have our bunnies. They have made my day a little brighter. Now have a video of Shen claiming my mother's gargoyle for some reason. (He always does it when he sneaks his way into the bathroom.)

I had an unfavorable day today after a call was made that has left me devastated. Knowing that rabbits are very sensitive creatures, I didn't realize just how sensitive. I decided to sit on the floor for a bit and Tu Shen noticed how upset I was. So instead of just laying down or continuing to eat his hay, he chose to climb on me, zoomy around me, binky behind me and in front of me, and sitting on my phone until I gave him pets. I couldn't stay upset. It was too adorable. I'm still not happy, but I'm not constantly crying now. Thanks to my baby boy.

View attachment 54859

Anyway, I'm happy we have our bunnies. They have made my day a little brighter. Now have a video of Shen claiming my mother's gargoyle for some reason. (He always does it when he sneaks his way into the bathroom.)

Yes 🥰 I love our bunnies

Rabbits and our soulmate therapy companions are (for the most part) Way Better than most humans. On a Facebook group of compassionate & rescue-minded humans we were just talking about this.

A person who speaks bunny language, and recognizes their individual personalities, (and the fact that hormones can be corrected) totally understands.

I see on various boards how many humanoids refuse to acknowledge their companionship ways.

Animals and lagomorphs are not commodity objects and void of feelings. Rabbits reciprocate with their quiet tooth purrs and hunkering next to you to be pet, or periscope to say Hello. Many of our beloved housemates have lathered on their kisses to hubby or myself.

Humans think only dogs are worth saving, worth having.

Attachments

• CuddleTimeWSnowB4-24-15.jpg
    CuddleTimeWSnowB4-24-15.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 10
I've had dogs and cats throughout my 46 years along with hamsters, mice, snakes, etc., but let me say that rabbits have been the biggest thieves of my heart. That being said, a rabbit broke my heart when she died in 2017. I mourned her more than ANY pet I've ever had and I have had many. She was the sweetest girl who was with me through my darkest days including my traumatic injury.

I adopted Precious and now I have another bunny who totally has my heart. I seriously could not imagine life without a bunny in it. She is so much company for me (home alone a lot) and gives me so much love.

@DelawareRunner -- Ditto. Hubby told the ortho surgeon in 2009 that I couldn't be kept long in the hospital for them to put a plate and screws in my multiple fx'd humerus bone. My therapy companion, my avatar harlequin girl, needed me as much as I needed her. In order to heal faster and have mental fortitude and happiness, I had to be cuddling my bunny. We were peas in a pod. We both relied on each other, and I was her primary caregiver. She woulda been wary if hubby tried to express her bladder with her disability.

I still grieve from the losses of very special soulmate companions. I miss them more than words can say...

Latest posts

Back