I'm so FED UP of this place- I can't stand it any more!!!!!!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
I'm in halls at the moment and I am SO FED UP of it here.

I am so angry right now. So so angry. I'll try to actually type normally but my hands are shaking.

So we all have two cupboards in the kitchen. One locks, one doesn't. I've got all my stuff in there.

So the first week we are here, my wine glass goes missing, 2 of my normal glasses, and a few cutlery n stuff. I was miffed. But thought, ah no big deal.

As the weeks have been going on, things slowly go missing more and more.

I am now down to 1 fork left, 2 knives, and just 1 or 2 glasses. I started with 4 of each.

People in my flat have actually done this!!!!

I can't wash up my stuff, and leave it on the draining board to drip dry for a few hours becuse when I come back it is either gone for good or been used, and shoved somewhere with the dried orange muck all over it, and I have to clean it AGAIN!!!!!!

Wen I want to cook something, and i've got my baking tray out with foil ready. I come back, and someone is acutlaly using it!!!!!!!!!!! When I've got it all set up while the rest of my meal is cooking before i put my chips in or something!!!!!!! So I can't cook the rest of my meal!

The other day I had a pile of my washing up I need to do (a few forks in a saucepan, with a bowl on top) neatly in a corner. It had been there for a few hours (more than I usually leave it), and I intended to wash it up with my dinner stuff.
I came to wash it up, and someone had REMOVED all the stuff in it, and used my saucepan, and left it all greasy on a surface somewhere. I was so mad.

So I left a note saying:

'Please can people stop taking things that don't belong to them. They either mysteriously 'disappear' or I have to rewash the muck off them after you use it and leave it.
Buy your own stuff- the rest of us have- and use it! Or better still, just ask!!!!!'

And I have just gone to cook some lunch, and found my oil on the side. Someone had gone INTO my private cupboard, and taken it to use. I was like 'wow!'. And then the worst thing. I go into my other PRIVATE cupboard, and someone had rifled through it, taken my frying pan, and it was nowhere to be seen.
I was in shock. We don't do that here! People have their own cupboards, and noone goes into eachothers!!!!!!
Then I found my frying pan a few minutes later.

COVERED in grime. Cooked on brown stuff. Shoved on the side.

Someone actually used it this morning while i was here. They actualy went into my private space and took something and WRECKED IT. This was a good quality frying pan my mum bought me specially because I like good quality frying pans.
And it's just caked with fried stuff.

I was so upset I've just been crying with anger and hurt- its a betrayal. I've NEVER so much as used someone's fork let alone take something of theirs or EVER go into their cupboards!!

I can't live somewhere where I can't trust people.

I'm so upset after everything that has happened before this.

It's the last straw!

I'm so sorry to moan, but I need to otherwise I am just going to knock on doors until I find the person who did this.

It's just the deliberate betrayal. We have a system here- we all agreed to be respectful.
The odd fork that goes missing from the draining board.
Fine.
I'm not gonna get mad about it. My Dad has just bought me a whole new set and engraved my name on them all so noone can take them. He knows how much I've lost and everything that's been happening for the months I've been here.

Now this. What next- will they be going into my bedroom?
Normally I leave my door propped open when I rush to the kitchen to grab another drink, like everyone does, but boy will I think twice now. I live with untrustworthy people, who KNOW after the notes people (others too) have left in the kitchen about things going missing.

EUGH!

Sorry. Thanks for letting me rant.

I am just so so upset.

Also.....god if someone used my stuff, and then rewashed it and replaced it- i'd never know! But they don't. God i wanna cry so bad. I hate this place.

I've just run into someone else in the kitchen, and they are mad as hell too, because someone has gone into their cupboard, taken their frying pan, and BURNT THE HANDLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen that really sucks. I know you said you can't lock your cupboards but is there a away to put like an alarm on the inside so if someone were to open it it'd go off?
If the cupboards have handles where you put your fingers through i'd go out and buy a chain and lock.

That would be a good idea, apart from the it's only one side of cupboard kinda thing. There's only one handle. Otherwise I would love to do that.
I've only got another month of having to live here, so that's a comfort.

This other girl, Mina, actually marched up to the person's room who we both think it is, and knocked but he either wasn't in or just wasn't answering.

I'm glad she was really mad too because otherwise I'd feel like I was overreacting.

It's just the last straw. Every week something like this happens to me.
Someone has got a hoard of other people's stuff stuffed somehwere! They must do. The amount of stuff of mine that has just disappeared, it can't just be me, so someone must have a cupboard full of stolen things.

And I'm sorry- but you know what is yours and what isn't.

I've never touched anything that belonged to anyone else. Not once.
It kills me that someone would do this, knowing how it would upset me.

It was a special pan that my mum bought me. Sniff. It's burnt now and I can't get it off. She bought it specially as a surprise cos my other frying pan was so cheap and it wasn't non-stick.
This is a really good, brand new non-stick one, that someone has managed to stick stuff to. Not only did they steal my things, and use them, but they actually treated it badly and wrecked it.

Respect is such an important thing.

I feel like I want to empty both my cupboards completely, and leave the doors wide open with a note saying something like 'HA! Try stealing my stuff now!' taped to the inside. But someone will probably just take my cupboards and fill it up with their junk.

Oh man, room mate problems suck so bad. Having a room mate issue is one of the worst things I have ever gone through. Only having one more month does make it a bit more tolerable, but it's definitely going to be a stressful month.

Is this University housing? If so, do they have people available for mediation? I would get your room mate who is also upset and go talk to someone who can maybe help mediate this situation for guys.

I would also be inclined to move my things into my room where I can lock the door. I had to do that with the first place I lived in too. I would bring items out to use, clean them and bring them back to my room.

-Dawn

Over the Easter period when I go home for a few weeks (that's in a few days time) I will take everything into my room for sure. When I get back I might do as you guys suggested and just keep it all there.

Thing is.......we have a flat rep- he is a second year who is supposed to look after us in our flat etc. etc. but I know he has been the culprit in a few occasions, of taking and using other people's things.....and I have a nasty feeling that he was the one who took Mina's saucepan, because his cutlery were in it....

I could go and talk to the head of Whitelands (my campus), but I'm not sure there's much point now. When I leave, i might just send her a quick email explaining whats been going on, so maybe this guy can't be a flat rep next year again.
He has not been great. The first night we arrived here, he let in a bunch of his mates, got smashed, and then I came back from work to find the kitchen and then hall had been totally wrecked. Permanent pen everywhere, eggs, rubbish, drinks, things smashed and crushed and bent.
The windows have permanent pen still on them, and the fridges have the outlines of...."shapes" still visible, but he wouldn't let me report it, because it would "get him into trouble". I didn't want all my flat to hate me, so I didnt report it. Now i wish i had....cos even though I can prove I wasn't there (i was at work all night at a pub), they will still take it out my deposit when they find it.

I need that 200pounds lol......

At least next year I am living in a lovely house with only 3 other people (who all seem very very nice and respectful). It will be easy to know who has done something, if they do do anything (im hoping they arent those kind of people) I'll be able to sort it.

Oh I am sorry you're having such a terrible time with other people there. :( Some people never learned respect and personal space when they grew up. I know I am much more considerate than a lot of people and you sound the same. It is really frustrating when other people don't play by the same rules as you do. I had similar problems when I lived in my last apartment--no one cleaned my pans when they were done using them. I ended up stashing them in my room and they couldn't use them at all. It was annoying but it kept the stress away.

Latest posts

Back