I'm so devestated

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnys_rule63

Reaction score
You guys may remember Ben, my old foster guy? http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=27864&forum_id=1Well unfortunately I have some terrible news.:tears2:

The past couple of weeks he has been suffering some digestive troubles but last night he really went down hill. Chris (his owner) had to take him to the emergency vets and he has been at the vets all last night and today but has just gone from bad to worst. He hasn't pooped in over 24 hours now and so the vets advised Chris to have Ben put to sleep later this evening.

Ican't describe how upset I am. Although I made the decision after I rescued Ben to find him a new home he has always been very dear to me. He was such a special little guy who I still spent quite a bit of time with when I pet-sat him. He really helped me to be happy againafter Ruby died and for that I will always love him. He is still just a baby and was just about to turn one year old. It's just so unfair.:bigtears:I didn't want to post this in the Rainbow Bridge section as he isn't dead yet, but I just wanted to tell you guys. Please think of Chris and Ben, they need your prayers right now.:sad:

Benniewindowsill.jpg

Is there any way they can get him to start pooping? Hay? Pumpkin? More fluids?

I'll be praying that he can start pooping between now and then...

OMG, Jess, not our beautiful Ben :(. I know how special he is to you.

I am praying so hard that they can get him pooping before they have to make the decision. I can't believe it :(

Thinking, and praying for you all

Jan

Oh NO!

Jess, this doesnt sound right..is the vet rabbit savvy? I cant imagine a rabbit being put down just bc he isnt pooping.

Is there a blockage?

I know there probably isnt much you can do at this point, but I would call Ben's owner and ask if maybe he can try to get a second opinion. I know Randy has had bunnies go for a week or more without pooping and still pull through..

Everyone, Jess asked me to let you all know that Ben was pts a little while ago.:tears2: (Her computer is broken).

I think we'll all join in keeping Jess, and Ben's owners, in our thoughts and prayers tonight. Binky free little man. :rainbow: I hadn't seen this thread (been revising) and I know I was so upset to read the message, he was a great rabbit.

Oh no, how awful and heartbreaking.

Michaela, if you talk to Jess please tell her we're all here for her. She helped give the little guy a life of love and happiness he would have probably never known if not for her kindness.

Rest in peace little Ben. You were a special boy.

I'm sorry to hear about Ben's passing. With all the care he received after being rescued by Jess, then living in his new home, he would have felt veryloved.

Run freely little Ben.

:rainbow: :hearts

Jo xx

I'm so sorry Jess, and for Bens owner. He was obviously a well taken care of and pampered little guy, he knew he was loved.

I'm so sorry. What a sad thing to happen to a bunny that you cared so much for and were really pulling for. I hope you can take comfort in knowing that sweet little Ben had a much happier life due to your efforts.:tears2:

PS he looks like a lighter version of my Muffin, who will get extra cuddles tonight.

Aww, I'm so sorry about Ben :( He was really cute and sounded so sweet. How tragic... it's always sad when a bunny dies, but when they die young, it seems even more unfair.

Thank you guys.:tears2:I've just managed to get online through my dad's laptop but thank you Michaela for passing on my message last night.:hug:

Just so you all know it wasn't my decision to have Ben put to sleep however I fully support Chris in her decision. She loved Ben so so much and I know how much she wanted to save him and what a hard decision it was for her to make. Unfortunately when she went to see him he was in such bad shape and in so much pain that she felt it wasn't fair to make him suffer any more. She wanted to get him to Judith (our local bunny savvy vet) but Ben wouldn't have made it in time.:(

I'm absolutely devastated that he is dead, I couldn't sleep at all last night.:( After Ruby diedI was in such a state and as Millie was grieving as well she couldn't comfort me, however when we rescued Ben he brought so much light and happiness back into my life. He was so young and full of life that he reminded me that whatever tragic things happen life still goes on. In a way he sort of represented Ruby's life for me, as just as she'd lost hers his was just beginning. That's what makes it all the more tragic that he is gone.:sad:

Binkie free little Bennie, thank you for everything my special little man. Ruby will take care of you.:rainbow:

B1.jpg

Benniechin.jpg

Bennie10.jpg

Benniefort-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back