I'm so afraid if I loose Buffy (RIP)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's possible that Buffy has some feeling in his feet or legs. if he is biting at his foot it could becausing him discomfort ; I' m not saying that it is but it is something to keep an eye on
I don't think I said anything about a protruding tummy ; I don't remember saying anything
You take very good care of him and I know you will watch for any changes in him.:)

Sweet little Buffy and his attentive mom !

oh gosh.... I'm sorry. I've confused u with someone else in my inbox. I'm sorry.

:D

I gave Buffy toys but it looked like he prefer toys that can betorn easily. So I gave him cardboard boxes n stuffs like that. I was just concern that it has to be something about his leg becos I remembered reading someones post about his paralysed bunny that bites off his own leg till only the bones can be seen. But I couldnt fine that same post again. I wanted to ask the person who posted it.

I'm sorry angie. :D

Don't be sorry !!

You didn't do anything wrong.!!

I remember reading athread somewhere about a bun that chewed himself too but I would have to look for it. We hope something like that won't happen to Buffy ;
it's a good sign that he still likes to chew on and play with soft toys and boxes

You're a courageous person, any bunny in the world would be lucky to have you and it's great that fate put little Buffy with someone as caring as you.

:D

I was searching for that thread and I found it. Its DazyDaizee's thread. Ermmm ... thats if I am right.

Thank you Saudade. :)No words to describe how much Buffy means to me.

yes.. it was my foster bunny who chewed her foot to the bone. This was before I got her, and I kept it bandaged, but she did attempt to chew if it wasn't bandaged. I feel she did it because she had no feeling in her legs at that point, and perhaps she was frustrated with them being in her way all the time. Her feet also came up towards her head like your bunny's do. Hopefully you won't have that same problem.. just keep an eye he doesn't keep chewing.

About the tummy... I think it looks a little big in the pictures, but still a normal bunny belly.. especially considering he must have muscle wasting in those legs, so they might look especially skinny compared to an otherwise normal weight rabbit. Not to mention, he would be more prone to becoming overweight because he can't exercise like a normal bunny.

I have had one e.c. (symptomatic) bunny that chewed at her legs. She did not seem to be in pain. Rather, it was more like there was a neurological "misfire" that caused her to do that. However, it is definitely something you will want to watch, monitor, and address before it becomes clearly painful. The homeopathic remedy arnica montana might be worth trying. I know several bunny people I respect who have reported great success with homeopathic remedies like this ... and, truly, they are unlikely to causes any negative side effects (something that cannot be said of most pharmaceuticals).

Kathy Smith

Oh i'm glad I bandaged Buffy when I saw his toe biten. Thank you Dazy and Kathy.

Does that mean i should feed Buffy less? Buffy eats about a table spoon of pellets. Just like his brother. In a day ... each of them eats about 2 table spoon. Is that too much for a bunny like Buffy.

I felt Dazy is right. The tummy is buldging because of the muscle or maybe fats. Because I remember feeling Buffy so much thinner when he was still tiny n still traumatized by the fall that he didnt eat for almost a day. Maybe that time he was still too young. Besides, its the same for Buffy's brother. Right after they ate, their tummy felt larger and firm.

At least i can be sure that it has nothing to do with the insides thats making Buffy's tummy buldging.

Oh by the way... Buffy is watching me reply this forum and likes to send kisses to all that have been supporting him. :D

LOL
If Buffy is throwing kisses to us then you need to throw kisses from me to him :D
Idon't think you need to reduce his food;I don' think he is too heavy

So this is Buffy promoting RO. :D He is watching my laptop on my bed like a TV. hahaha

DSC07912-1.jpg

N this is Buffy excited. He looks like he wanted to type something on my laptop and post it in the forum. hehehe :p

DSC07910.jpg

sha10ly88 wrote:
So this is Buffy promoting RO. :D He is watching my laptop on my bed like a TV. hahaha

DSC07912-1.jpg

N this is Buffy excited. He looks like he wanted to type something on my laptop and post it in the forum. hehehe :p

DSC07910.jpg

I should have the first picture large. :D

DSC07912.jpg

sha10ly88 wrote:

DSC07912-1.jpg

DSC07910.jpg
The 1st pic is pricless ; it would be great if it could make it to next years calendar.

Rabbit + Laptop Keyboard = "disaster"

Trust me, this is the voice of experience. My first laptop was missing the shift-lock key for several years after Dante hopped on it (the other loose keys I was able to re-attach, but not that one) ... until something else broke on it and I had to get a whole new keyboard.

Don't know whether Mithril is more gentle or whether laptops have become more "hardy" over the years. Still, he has managed to mess up my Internet Explorer configuration by hitting some combination of keys that (1) I don't know what it is and (2) even if I did, I wouldn't know how to "undo".

Kathy

:D I'm so sorry about your laptop Kathy. Such a mischievious bunnies they are. Buffy seems harmless to laptops. First of all I hardly bring him with me when I am on my laptop. And if I do, I don't leave him with the laptop to himself. :p

I learnt a lesson from Buffy's mom. I left my laptop on the floor with the USB mouse plugged in and totally forget about it. Then Mommy played mouse and bunny game. But I was too late to stop her. She bit the wire. Although it was just a little bite, its little enough to spoil the USB cable. Later after that, I got a wireless mouse for my laptop. hahaha

They are just innocently naughty bunnies. Mommy was lucky that I didn't get upset because I knew it was my absent-mindedness that it all happen.

I was wondering one thing. Do I need to clean Buffy ear since he is totally disable to do it himself? I havent been doing it so far. Then I realise that everytime I stroke the tip of Buffy's ear, he will move his head in a very weird way like as if he wants me to reach in deeper. Its like his ear is itchy or something and he is frustrated.

I can't afford to send Buffy for grooming. I'm still studying. My dad is going to nag at me if I tell him I need money to do it.

Sha

Why don't you pm Aly (JadeIcing ) to ask her what she does with her bunnies ears.; I'm sure that she cleans them as they cannot groom themselves in certain places.I know that you could gently rub his ear externally as part of petting him but not sure about the best way to clean it.

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=12044&forum_id=10

Some info in these links might talk about it but Aly would have more personal experience.

Buffy died today -- Sunday,24 May 2009 at 4.10pm.
Thank you everyone for all the support. I dont think I would want to think or wonder what could the cause could be for now. :hearts

Oh no..i'm so sorry for your loss....you did so much for your precious little boy....he was such a little fighter....my heart is hurting for you now...i'm just so sorry.

This brought tears to my eye's :(

Latest posts

Back