I'm obsessed with taking pictures of my rabbit! Show me your bunnies too!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!

just curious, but why did you name her Harvey? no offense but to me Harvey sounds like a boy name.
:)

Hi Black Mini Rex! Yes, Harvey is a boys name. So glad you asked but I warn you it's a long story. Harvey is no way what I wanted to name her! I was going to name her Beebo. Isn't that a cute name? Rabbits learn bowel sounded easily and I knew a rabbit could learn that name. I told the breeder I wanted a male, preferably broken fawn, but I'd be willing to take a solid fawn if that's all she had. This is a very reliable breeder who has been at it for years and has an excellent reputation. So when she sexed them there was one male and she offered it to me. Yes! Then I made it clear that I would not be showing " him" so do not tattoo the ear. Ok. Next thing I know she calls me and tells me all the rabbits from that litter were tattooed because her ( the breeder) mom did it while she was at work. Later the breeder tells me she is filling out the paperwork for the pedigree registration or whatever and I say we don't need any paperwork, we just want the rabbit. Don't worry about the paperwork, it's fine. But she says since the rabbit is already
tattooed now, and I'm paying for the certificate anyway, why not just have them? Ok fine. But she needs a name to put on the certificate and she needed it right then, while I was on the phone with her. When my boyfriend heard Beebo, he put his foot down. He said it sounded to close to buboes, those big blisters you get when you are dying of Black Plague. So I had to come up with a rabbit name off the top of my head for a boy rabbit. I thought of Harvey because my best friends name is Harvey. Months later when we took little Harvey to the vet to get fixed, we got a surprise. He was a she. But by then the name had stuck. Now you know the story!

Hi Black Mini Rex! Yes, Harvey is a boys name. So glad you asked but I warn you it's a long story. Harvey is no way what I wanted to name her! I was going to name her Beebo. Isn't that a cute name? Rabbits learn bowel sounded easily and I knew a rabbit could learn that name. I told the breeder I wanted a male, preferably broken fawn, but I'd be willing to take a solid fawn if that's all she had. This is a very reliable breeder who has been at it for years and has an excellent reputation. So when she sexed them there was one male and she offered it to me. Yes! Then I made it clear that I would not be showing " him" so do not tattoo the ear. Ok. Next thing I know she calls me and tells me all the rabbits from that litter were tattooed because her ( the breeder) mom did it while she was at work. Later the breeder tells me she is filling out the paperwork for the pedigree registration or whatever and I say we don't need any paperwork, we just want the rabbit. Don't worry about the paperwork, it's fine. But she says since the rabbit is already
tattooed now, and I'm paying for the certificate anyway, why not just have them? Ok fine. But she needs a name to put on the certificate and she needed it right then, while I was on the phone with her. When my boyfriend heard Beebo, he put his foot down. He said it sounded to close to buboes, those big blisters you get when you are dying of Black Plague. So I had to come up with a rabbit name off the top of my head for a boy rabbit. I thought of Harvey because my best friends name is Harvey. Months later when we took little Harvey to the vet to get fixed, we got a surprise. He was a she. But by then the name had stuck. Now you know the story!
ohhh! now i know!
:)

Similar story I have about my dearly departed Trixie:

We were told that Trixie was a boy. We named her Brutus. Then the neutering appointment turned into a spay; that's when we were told the news that Brutus needed a new name. I wanted to keep Brutus, as it was even funnier, given her doo rag killing tendencies. My wife said there was no way we were calling a girl bunny Brutus, so we went for Trixie. Then when we got Trigger, my wife decided that we needed a Trixie and Trigger like the English TV show Only Fools and Horses.

Trixie ended up fitting her better than Brutus, I admit now.

Harv is awesome!

IMG_20161102_130443.jpg

Latest posts

Back