I'm obsessed with my rabbit.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffybuns

Reaction score
Acceptance is the first step to recovery right? As an adult, I can admit that I have turned into a crazy rabbit lady.
Since that fateful day on which I took home this little abandoned Mini Rex, I've completely transitioned into this rabbit's servant. How is this even possible? Ive never even wanted a pet rabbit. Now...I've changed my garden to only grow greens and fruits for Melvin, moved into a more rabbit-friendly house with a fenced in back yard, spent a ridiculous number of hours researching house rabbit news and stories and I've rabbit proofed EVERYTHING! There have been several mornings that I've called in sick at work just to cuddle this little booger. Now I'm actually going to take Melvin to the humane society in hopes of him meeting a new bestie bunny for us to adopt. I even catch myself picking dandelions out of neighbors yards to surprise Melvin with. If there's anyone out there who needs to speak out about their addiction, here's the place to to it!! No judgements:)
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1427258564.389009.jpg

I think I have become obsessed too! 2 years after getting my first little mini lop I have 6 of them and I spend all my time with them. I think I love my rabbits more than my dogs sometimes.

I am a cat person at heart, just to be honest. but I wouldn't trade anything in the world for my bun(s) ( as in rabbits, just clarifying =0) )

If we're having a conversation I will inevitably bring up my pet rabbits within the first three minutes. I was doing a performance review with a member of my team at work today and ended up showing him pics of Felix and Clemmie!

I also squeal with happiness whenever anyone says anything bunny-related. :p

Yep yep. I'm so obsessed with my rabbits that I've gotten a couple friends obsessed with them. I have tons of pictures of them and about 2 or 3 current pictures of my son. I make every visitor I have give them treats to site how adorably loving they are. They are my sweet little bun buns.

If you start posting in the "bunny chat" section, you are FAR GONE. Gotta get to the "bunny chat" section...

Wo wo, hold the phone, there's a Bunny Chat? Where people just chat about bunnies? That sound like heaven. How do I get to this bunny chat you speak of? I could go all day about silly rabbit things.

Fortunately I live in south Eugene, Oregon...a neighborhood full of bee-keepers who vehemently detest all forms of non-organic herbicide/pesticide. There's lots of organic greens all over this neck of the woods. I've even caught myself picking out organic heirloom produce in the grocery store for Melvin's snacks while I get the bad non-organic snacks for myself.
Melvin likes to sit in the window and get sunlight during the day. It's absolutely hilarious when a cat comes in the yard and he flies across the room and thumps like crazy. He's a good little alarm system. He comes into my room and thumps when the mail man or pizza guy comes to the door too.

Wo wo, hold the phone, there's a Bunny Chat? Where people just chat about bunnies? That sound like heaven. How do I get to this bunny chat you speak of? I could go all day about silly rabbit things.

Fortunately I live in south Eugene, Oregon...a neighborhood full of bee-keepers who vehemently detest all forms of non-organic herbicide/pesticide. There's lots of organic greens all over this neck of the woods. I've even caught myself picking out organic heirloom produce in the grocery store for Melvin's snacks while I get the bad non-organic snacks for myself.
Melvin likes to sit in the window and get sunlight during the day. It's absolutely hilarious when a cat comes in the yard and he flies across the room and thumps like crazy. He's a good little alarm system. He comes into my room and thumps when the mail man or pizza guy comes to the door too.

This section is where the rabbits "chat" amongst themselves. My rabbit Trixie grouses about her "Dumpy", for example. It is in the off-topic section on this site.

Trix will see you there ;)

If you start posting in the "bunny chat" section, you are FAR GONE. Gotta get to the "bunny chat" section...

Melvin likes to sit in the window and get sunlight during the day. It's absolutely hilarious when a cat comes in the yard and he flies across the room and thumps like crazy. He's a good little alarm system. He hops into my room and thumps when the mail man or pizza guy comes to the door too.

Not sure how the double post happened above... Weird.

I'd love to join bunny chat! I just can't get enough bunny talk. I don't know a single adult around here that has a house rabbit. I'd love to reach out to other rabbit lovers. Ideally I'd love to set up play dates with Melvin and other bunnies. Unfortunately, he doesn't get to interact with other animals since he's our only pet. We are planning on taking him to our local humane society this weekend for a "meet and greet" with the other adoptable rabbits in hopes of finding him a bunny bestie.

Ha ha sounds like me! Bambi is an outdoor bunny much to my dismay so I try extra hard to spoil and please him. I don't know how many hundreds of dollars I have spent on toys and things. I freak out if the weather turns slightly cold or hot and go nuts with shelters, icepacks, WHATEVER. At one point I wanted to buy him a fan for summer. This easter I am planning on making him a special something ( I was thinking treats or something along those lines ) I have no doubt he is very pleased forcing his human to slave around after him day in and day out. If Master Bambi demands petting you must oblige until he gets fed up.

Outdoor rabbit huh? So Bambi stays outside year-round? Does it snow there? Are there many predators? Keeping rabbits outdoors is super risky, I'd never allow it. I'm way to much of an overprotective mama-bun. I'm working up the courage to take him outside this summer when the weather gets warm and I can throw an outdoor play area together. Do you use netting over your buns run-play area? What about neighborhood cats and dogs? How do you keep raccoons from harassing the bun? I'm loaded with questions about this outdoor business.

I too am slightly in love with my bunny! I just want to spend every waking moment with him and making him happy lol! I am forever buying him new toys and looking for ways to spice up his life. I long to hear him purr and when he runs about and binkys in the garden it fills me with joy! My friends and husband think I'm crazy lol! View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1427564500.519565.jpg

Latest posts

Back