Im not sure if this is already a topic but HELP.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypusstar

Reaction score
I'm going bonkers @__@ Ceaser has started chewing on his cage, and water bottle. but its not really chewing its more like biting and pulling at it.I keep him out all day until bed time or when its time for me to go to work, andi make sure he has toys and everything. >___< can someone help me? im trying everything to make sure hes not bored or anything. and all ive been able to do is wave my hand infront of the cage and tell him no....>__> andi really dont like being woken up at 3am when i have work the next day..more or less yell at that one XD. we both share a room. i dont want to put him on the balcony....=/ it seems like its too hot out there, plus theres ants. ive given him card bored. wood (from the pet store it was part of a toy) a fake carrot with twine? i think around it. salt lick and whatever else i thought would help. he also has a problem with chewing on the carpet =/ and thats really starting to make my mom mad...

How big is his cage? Have you had his teeth checked?

Unfortunately, rabbits are most active at dawn and dusk, and what with dawn being so early, they will inevitably wake you up (I share wih 7 rabbits in large NIC cages, so I can really sympathise).

Could you maybe let him out into your room (either free range or in a pen) during the night?

my main this XD i have alot of cords laying behind the tv. and i'll be killed if they get chewed up. but i totally would let him out at night, i just dont trust him that much lol. im thinking about investing in a pen. and his cage isnt small. but its not huge either. id say it was 36" maybe? im not sure, i wish i had a tape ruler.

3ft is quite small for a bun, even if they do get free roam all the time. Is there any way you could make it bigger for him? If he has more room to move about then it might help his behaviour. In the UK they say the minimum width should be 5ft by 2ft. If length/width is not an option, could you give him shelves?

I use a pen in my room because I, like you, have wires everywhere, and it works really well for mine. It means they can get out far more and it has also made them much quieter.

his cage doesnt seem that small, i mean he can hop around and everything and move just fine, is 3 feet too small for a lion head? i might be able to get him a new cage once my check comes out. right now im also trying to save up to go to this wedding with my friend. and thats in west virgina. i gotta go to the petstore today, i'll look at cages too and price them out.

Have you heard of NIC cages? They generally work out much cheaper, more flexible, and often bigger than the shop bought ones. If you haven't, maybe have a look through the photophiles forum for the threads on NIC cages. It might give you some ideas.

I'm shooting in the dark here, because I'm in the UK, but Walmart?

They are Wire Storage Grids. I think you have to get the smaller ones, not the bigger holed ones because they pose a risk ot the buns.

There is a thread somewhere, maybe the Bunny 101 forum, that is a guide for how someone puts them together. I think realy everyone does it in a way that works for them, and there is no set way to do it.

ahhh ok lol i see i see. yeah theres a walmart down the street pretty much from me XD
i'll have to check it out sometime. thanks =D
XD now i just gotta figure out how to get him to stop chewing the carpet. my moms about to kill me

If you have a exercise pen you could put the ex-pen from side to side of the cage. Justlay a peice of vinyl down on the floor so he won't eat the carpet. You can buy a peice cheap pre- cut at Lowes or Menard for $20. That's what I do, cause Rascal does the same thing. Bites on his cage. He don't like the cage even though it's a Ex- large cage. I had to seperate him and his sister til their spayed and neutered. I havea NIC cage. When he can go back in the NIC cage, he'll go back in there. It's really big. Like 5 ft by 4 ft. with a second floor.

:)April

Edit: That way he can jump in &out of his cage. It will give him more room to run.

oh wow. thats huge XD
yeah the place i work at is selling pre-cut carpet 2 for $3 im thinkin about stocking up on some. i dont know if i can afford to make a huge nic cage for ceaser right now. my cat is working on getting his teeth cleaned and getting declawed x__x my cats pretty sick right now with the teeth. i didnt realize they got really bad until we noticed a really bad stink comming from his mouth (my poor baby) the vet says if its worse then they think theres a possiblity he has to get his teeth removed =(

Poor kitty. You don't have to make a NIC cage that big to start out. You can add later. Or just use cable tiestoattach aex-pen to his cage. Sounds like he just needs more space.

Good luck,:) April

this is his set up right now. sorry its a bad picture, its from my phone XD

6t08k2.jpg
ignore the cardboard in there XD i was trying to give him something to chew on

Thats like the cage I have. But mines purple. Rascal has plenty of room but he's not happy in it either. He'll bite on the wire. He'll act all depressed. Then when I add the ex-pen, he's happier. He can come out and run around. He got use to having all that room in the NIC cage. I had to take him out til hes neutered.

I can imagine that attaching a pen to that would be quite easy.... until he figures out how to jump it :p

XD omg lol if he jumps it i'm screwed lol im a pretty heavy sleeper and so is everyone else. i wouldnt want him to get hurt. or anything like that.

oy! i just gotta find a temp fix for the carpet chewing, no matter what i do he just goes back to doing it i move him, i clap, i whistle. i shake a box anything just to get him to stop, but he just keeps doing it. =/ id see if bitter apple spray would work but thats for dogs

Edit: :Xhe just chewed on my power cord for my laptop....his teeth are fine. i dont know what his deal is....is it bunny puberty??? is he THAT bored??? even with all his toys? and random box towers.....x___x......

Platypusstar wrote:
no hes not neutered, i think hes still too young. id say hes probably 4 or 5 months?
He's probably old enough to be fixed. The vet would have to see if his testacles have came down. Unless you know how to check.

Latest posts

Back