I'm new to being a bunny mummy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipgirl24

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I am new to owning a bunny. Well, I did have a bunny a long time ago but it has been so long, I may as well be a new bunny mummy. My bun was signed over to me as he had fractured his left hind leg a few weeks ago and his previous owner didn't want to do anything about it. His leg is fractured in the distal femur, close to the joint where the leg meets the body. I have taken him to a vet who said the bones have healed and the fracture is more than 5 to 6 weeks old. I have to take him back in 4 weeks to recheck the x-ray. He is too young for surgery.

I named him Chea Bun. "Chea" (pronounced "Chee-ah") is a Cambodian name that means "to be well, healthy".

I am looking forward to seeing everyone's buns and learning lots!

adorable!

just something- the wire ramp should be covered with a towel or sheet or just taken away since he could hurt himself on it :)

Ooo definitely dont give him that much carrots
Especially if he's under 6months
But otherwise your enclosure and bunny is adorable and petfect!! 😍

Ooo definitely dont give him that much carrots
Especially if he's under 6months
But otherwise your enclosure and bunny is adorable and petfect!! 😍
Yes that photo was taken when I got him home from the previous owner who had put a carrot, some hay and a crapload of parsley in the box. But thanks for the advice!

Hello everyone!
I am new to owning a bunny. Well, I did have a bunny a long time ago but it has been so long, I may as well be a new bunny mummy. My bun was signed over to me as he had fractured his left hind leg a few weeks ago and his previous owner didn't want to do anything about it. His leg is fractured in the distal femur, close to the joint where the leg meets the body. I have taken him to a vet who said the bones have healed and the fracture is more than 5 to 6 weeks old. I have to take him back in 4 weeks to recheck the x-ray. He is too young for surgery.

I named him Chea Bun. "Chea" (pronounced "Chee-ah") is a Cambodian name that means "to be well, healthy".

I am looking forward to seeing everyone's buns and learning lots!
Chea Bun is so adorable 😍 Welcome to the bunny community! I look forward to hearing more about you and the bun!
-Cara

Latest posts

Back