I'm back home from my camping trip at Cook Forest, Pennsylvania!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexah

Reaction score
I'm back from my camping trip. My mom has a camper at a site in Cook Forest, Pennsylvania. We've gone every summer since I've lived with her and I love it so much! It turned out to be such an awesome weekend, but I'm happy to be home as well. I missed my bunners!

My best friend was taking care of my bunnies for me while I was gone, but I was still worried tons about them - especially my new little girly. But they're all okay and just as happy as ever. We brought our dogs with us and did a ton of walking, but it felt good to be out in nature with my mom and the dogs. The weather was beautiful and it was just a really good time all around.

I took a whole mess load of pics with my cell phone. My mom had her digital camera too so I know we have a lot of pictures. Most of mine focus on the dogs, but she took some really nice ones as well. We're not going to upload them until tomorrow sometime, but I'll probably get mine on the computer (from my cell) sooner than that. We'll see though.

I just wanted to say I'm back and that pics will be forthcoming, so check back if you're interested!

As promised, here are some pics from my weekend away.

Let's start with the best part of all. These bunny planters were at the campground office. They were so cute that I even asked them where they got them! Too bad our city-life house doesn't have a place for them.

BunnyPlanter.jpg

BunnyPlanter1.jpg

Here is a pic of our (very dirty!) camper.

Camper.jpg

These are random pictures I took during one of our many hikes with the dogs. It's so beautiful and peaceful there. It's like a completely different world.

Pines2.jpg

Rocks.jpg

Skyline1.jpg

Tree.jpg

Tree1.jpg

And, last but not least, here are some pictures of our very, very happy dogs.The tri-colored, small one is Madeline, my toy fox terrier. The tan one is Noell. She's a shepherd, great dane, labrador mix. And Pete, the black one, is a pointer and black lab cross. They love being outdoors at the camper, grounds, and the forest. And, I have to say, they were some very good doggies.

Madeline1.jpg

Madeline6.jpg

Noell1.jpg

Pete.jpg

So, yeah, it was an awesome weekend. I'm glad to be home, but I'm already working up my excitement over getting to go again in a couple of weeks.

Hope you enjoyed the pics :biggrin2:.

i'll have to look this place up online but i have a feeling it's in western PA and i'm eastern in the Allentown area. pics are so beautiful....makes me want to go!!!

Cook Forest is in western Pennsylvania. It's, I believe, north of Pittsburgh, but I could be wrong there. I'm notat all goodwith directions since I don't drive. But I do know that it's not too far off from a town named Clarion.

It's definitely beautiful there. I love the pines - they're just so stunning to me. And it's peaceful in a way that I'm not used to in my everyday life. We usually see some wildlife as well, but since it was warm we didn't see much. Our camper comes up against a deer sanctuary and we often can sit out with a campfire and the dogs and just watch the deer frolic and play. But we didn't see any this trip. I did see a ton of cottontails though and they're just precious. We also saw some buzzards, but that wasn't as pleasant a sight as the bunnies.

All I can say is that if you're able to go there at some point in your life you should. It's nature in its most beautiful form.

Oh you gotta let me rent your camper. I love Cooks Forest and Tionesta Pa. I sure miss it up there. I grew up going up camp in Tionesta Pa with my sister and her family. I have not been there in 8 yrs. :( I am hoping to go up there this year with hubby. I will be going to Conneaut Pa soon.

Latest posts

Back