I'm a new member and have adopted a Dutch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm interested to read about everyone's experiences with their bunnies, compared to my own. We've recently lost our beloved Netherland Dwarf, after six years, and decided to go for something a little bigger and less nervy! At the moment our lovely rescue Dutch, Sooty, is extremely chilled, but he's peeing in his hay tray. Not ideal!

Welcome to the form. Sorry for your loss. I have a holland lop mix

Welcome to the forum! Peeing in a tray that has hay in it is not unusual! In fact, adding hay on top of litter is a great way to litter train a rabbit. They often like to pee while they graze.

You can setup his litter tray with hay on top and refresh the hay daily. Don't worry. They won't eat soiled hay.

Alternatively, you can hang a rack with large openings over top of the litter box.

Any boxes with hay in them are typically fair game for becoming a litter box. 😊

Welcome to forum and it’s normal for bunnies to pee where they eat. I’ve only had one where his litter tray and hay was separated. All my other bunny have their hay and litter box in the same spot.

I have 2 netherland dwarves, a Belgian hare and a holland lop mix. My chill bunnies are the nethies. I’ve heard dutch rabbits are chill and cuddle, not like my belgian hare who can’t be still for a second 😂

Welcome to forum and it’s normal for bunnies to pee where they eat. I’ve only had one where his litter tray and hay was separated. All my other bunny have their hay and litter box in the same spot.

I have 2 netherland dwarves, a Belgian hare and a holland lop mix. My chill bunnies are the nethies. I’ve heard dutch rabbits are chill and cuddle, not like my belgian hare who can’t be still for a second 😂
I have a Dutch. He's delightful. He was relinquished at two years, so still trying to settle him (been with us for three weeks) but he's super affectionate. And a nice medium size.

Latest posts

Back