IKEA hol as a litter box

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo’s Slave

Reaction score
Is it any good? Can it cause respiratory problems? I assume not, because it’s got holes, but i don’t want to risk it

Someone is giving it away for free thankfully 😅
In that case why not!
There are some water based sealants you can use on the wood too that are bunny safe (the name escapes me) so if someone misses the litter box.... im sure a quick forum search will bring up some results.

In that case why not!
There are some water based sealants you can use on the wood too that are bunny safe (the name escapes me) so if someone misses the litter box.... im sure a quick forum search will bring up some results.
Ah thank you! I’ll have a look

Honestly I say no- I'm anti-covered litterbox and the usual model used for rabbits has only 1 enterance/exit, which I personally believe isn't good for bunnies.

Children's plastikote and unboiled linseed oil are both safe sealants if you choose to use it.

I think I’m going to use it. If not for a litter box area - a hidey house instead. But we’ll see how it goes. The person who is giving it away has already used it for their four rabbits, and has cut two exits out of it {if you buy it new, it doesn’t have any exits, as it’s a storage table or something}. I’m hoping it’d be fine, as I clean the litterbox out often and it has loads of holes so should be fairly airy, I’d think. Of course, if it does end up causing problems, I’ll take it out, but hopefully not. Thank you <3

I think I’m going to use it. If not for a litter box area - a hidey house instead. But we’ll see how it goes. The person who is giving it away has already used it for their four rabbits, and has cut two exits out of it {if you buy it new, it doesn’t have any exits, as it’s a storage table or something}. I’m hoping it’d be fine, as I clean the litterbox out often and it has loads of holes so should be fairly airy, I’d think. Of course, if it does end up causing problems, I’ll take it out, but hopefully not. Thank you <3

I agree, I'd let Apollo decide whether or not he likes it!

I just picked it up! It’s got a few bite marks and odd bits and bobs that need a brush of paint + filler {which they gave!} but it’s all so cute!! We also got the chair and the bed {all free} and they gave us some toys! Apollo is so lucky 🙈

Attachments

• D6F3C325-56A1-403B-AA41-61AA3EF30E10.jpeg
    D6F3C325-56A1-403B-AA41-61AA3EF30E10.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 18
As an update, he’s already spending a ton of time in there. And it’s safe to say that he likes it! He definitely is already doing his damage to it lol, so I wouldn’t buy it brand new, but I think it’s great 🙈

Attachments

• EAF7AEDF-41E0-4693-B2B4-9998BF21B611.jpeg
    EAF7AEDF-41E0-4693-B2B4-9998BF21B611.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 10
As an update, he’s already spending a ton of time in there. And it’s safe to say that he likes it! He definitely is already doing his damage to it lol, so I wouldn’t buy it brand new, but I think it’s great 🙈
Panels are MDF (fiberboard), not safe to chew unfortunately.

ah ok. It’s not something that he’s going to be actively chewing and I’ve got quite a few toys and things he can chew on instead. We’ve got a hidey house {the one in the right bottom corner of the picture I sent} that we’ve had for over a year now, that only has a little bit of nibbling on it. He will usually give it a nibble while it’s new, then after that it’s not interesting and he’s got better things to do aha

Latest posts

Back