If Bunnies Could Bark

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
[align=center]IfBunnies Could Bark[/align]
I scuffed into the kitchen this morningfor my first morning cup of coffee, (scuffed being the word the familyuses to describe the sound my big, fuzzy slippers make as I movethrough the house.) It seems that the whole world can hear thatscuffing, but it means something very special to one little guy inparticular. For Sebastian it means Momma is up! :)

I generally say good morning to him as soon as I walk intothe kitchen, not to would be quite rude, for he has already begunsaying hello to me. His condo has two elevated levels that areconnected by a ramp. They make the best noises when bounced on in justthe right places! When the greeting begins he does “mini hot laps” inthe bottom of his condo, but soon his excitement has exceeded hislimited space and he has to begin the bouncing. So, he runs up and downfrom level to level, bouncing with a bit of extra umph on allthe right places to make as much noise as he can. Stopping occasionallylong enough to poke his nose through the holes for akiss.

I usually sit down at my computer, whichis right next to his condo, and check in on the forum as I drink mycoffee and give him a couple cheerios, some pets and a few morekisses.

And then there are mornings like this.It’s a weekend. I broke the normal routine and went to the living roomwith my coffee to visit with my husband for a few minutes before heleft for the day. As we attempted to visit there were the most awfulsounds coming from the kitchen! Sebastian grabs his condodoor with his teeth and rattles it when he wants out. He was doing thisnon-stop! Then we heard this clattering sound. He was dragging hisplastic chain to the top level and pushing it off, and repeating thatover and over again. Don’t forget the loud bouncing noises his elevatedlevels make as he’d make those trips up anddown.

It was ridiculous! I looked at my husbandand said “Can you imagine how it would be if he could bark?”My husband just shook his head.

Sebastian does a very good job ofcommunicating for an animal that is primarily silent. I’m trulygrateful that he doesn’t bark! ;)

RaspberrySwirl

Well, I knew theycan make a variety of sounds, which he does, but I had never heard ofthem barking.

I've heard a prairie dog bark on numerous occasions. If a bunny barked like that it could bevery annoying! :shock:

Raspberry

Oh, Raspberry, you made me laugh with this story.And there's my poor little man waiting for his good morning kisses, andsome 'other guy' is getting them instead! Poor Sebbie. I suppose HellHath no Fury like a Bunny Scorned!!!- Jan

I can't explain the sound that Pebbles makes whenshe's excited. It's like a soft chirp or a squeeking soundwhen she's about to get food or when she's running after us.When she gets really excited, she thumps her foot. Things wediscourage is, cage biting, tossing food bowls, digging litter, andtrashing items in the cage.:shock:However all is forgiven, when she starts lickingyou. :p

Rainbows! :D

You tell an awesome story. Now, more tothe point is poor dear Sebastian. He wanted his morning kisses and hefelt left out.

Be happy he don't vocalize. For a while there Apollo wouldbleat like a little lamb. It sounded like he was calling Maa. Every sooften when he's scared or desperate to get my attention he'll thump andcall me. Jeremy thinks it's hilarious.

Apollo is a real door rattler too. He's so big we he broke hisdoor look and I had to buy a new one. I couldn't agree more thank Godhe don't bark.

Tina

dajeti2 wrote:
I couldn't agree more thank God he don't bark.

From an earlier thread: Apollo Attack Bunny Extraordinaire on the telephone man.

Too bad Apollo couldn't growl or bark like a dog.Imagine if he bared his teeth!!!:shock:

lol thats too cute! thats what Cinn does when she wants somthing.. she'll grab the cage door and just shake it non-stop! LOL

LOL, I actually miss it that my bunny can't barkor mew or something like that. And you are glad that he does not, thatstoo funny.

This is the photo Itook the morning I was working on the computer and he wanted out sobadly.

This is the nice, quiet version of themorning routine! When the rattling and shaking don't work, he changestactics to the "baby face"!
PA1703271.jpg

Pet_Bunny wrote:
dajeti2 wrote:
I couldn't agree more thank God he don'tbark.
From an earlier thread: Apollo Attack Bunny Extraordinaire on the telephone man.

Too bad Apollo couldn't growl or bark like a dog.Imagine if he bared his teeth!!!:shock:

Noway. Nothank you. I would never be able to get anything fixed around here.Apollo has scared the washing machine repairman, the cable guy and nowthe phone guy.All that leaves now is the plumber. I'd hate tohave him scared off. :shock:Row row my house desperately down thestreet:? Nope. Him yelling maa is enough forme.;)

If Cosmo could bark, he'd be doing so everymorning at 6 am sharp! I swear, that bunny is analarm clock! And I could have sworn that he was purposelymaking noise this morning to wake me up...jumping up and down on hissecond story! The minute I opened his cage this morning, hewas all the way across the room....

I'm afraid that I'm turning more crepuscular than Cosmo adjusting to my schedule! I'm whipped!

-Vanessa

Oh,such a cute little belly!! My rabbits wake my mom and me upevery morning because they are hungry! Like Sebastian, Snuggybites the door and rattles it until she sees us walk in the livingroom. Then if we ignore her and go to the kitchen she willthump as if she was saying,"Feed me!! FEED ME!!!"The thumping only stops if, of course, you feed her.Wespoil her sometimes. (Actually,wealways spoil her!:D LOL!!) Today, since it wastheir day, we gave Baby and Snuggy a lot of craisins!!! Wethought that they deserved them because they were so good posing fortheir "glamour shots". I am so glad they can't bark!

Ally:)

Latest posts

Back