I woke up this morning to find my 8 week old tiny bunny missing in my apartment

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I live by myself in an 800 sq apartment and I recently bought two 8 week old bunnies. I just built a hutch and keep them in my living room. There is a large one and a smaller one, and the tiny one is missing. Somehow, they opened the wire door of their hutch and got out. They are usually together and I know their usual hiding places, but cannot find the little one anywhere. I blocked off the kitchen and the front door was locked, as well as the windows. Pretty sure my bedroom door was also closed. I have very little furniture and I have looked for 2 hours and I cannot hear nor see her.

Has this happened to anyone? Is it possible she is alright? I am about to cry, I just want my baby bunny back.

UPDATE: She turned up! Saw her eating timothy hay near her hutch! I heard a little noise but not loud enough to be a bunny, but I always check on them before falling asleep and there she was! I gave her the biggest hugs and kisses and I genuinely thank you ALL for the tips and for telling me to not give up! I have a headache from starving and crying looool. Thanks so much, I love you all.https://imgur.com/a/sJ2hvlY

Attachments

• 20181003_204857.jpg
    20181003_204857.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20181001_211326.jpg
    20181001_211326.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
She's got to be in there somewhere and will probably come out later when she gets hungry. Until then, try looking behind appliances like the stove, fridge, washer/dryer, under furniture, in closets or cupboards that have been open and the bunny could access. Rabbits have even been known to get up into peoples box springs or chew holes into furniture and hide inside, so don't rule anything out. A baby bunny can ft in the tiniest of places.

Any gaps in the walls where pipes/heating pipes/vents are? I had a chinchilla escape. He hid in holes by pipe work as was dark and safe. Managed to catch him fine flour trails can help see footprints of where they have been too. But I’ve had one person
have to cut their sofa to get bunny out! (The bottom). Good luck! Hope you find bun x

Any gaps in the walls where pipes/heating pipes/vents are? I had a chinchilla escape. He hid in holes by pipe work as was dark and safe. Managed to catch him fine flour trails can help see footprints of where they have been too. But I’ve had one person
have to cut their sofa to get bunny out! (The bottom). Good luck! Hope you find bun x
There is nothing like that, sadly. I will look in the sofa cushions and further, thank you.

She's got to be in there somewhere and will probably come out later when she gets hungry. Until then, try looking behind appliances like the stove, fridge, washer/dryer, under furniture, in closets or cupboards that have been open and the bunny could access. Rabbits have even been known to get up into peoples box springs or chew holes into furniture and hide inside, so don't rule anything out. A baby bunny can ft in the tiniest of places.
Alright, I will wait for her but it has been several hours and I still have not heard nor seen her. I doubt someone came in my apartment and took her, but it looks like it, as I have searched everywhere and her friend is usually with her/they bonded after 2 days. This is so devastating...

You might consider leaving food out they like in a really open place. You can often lure babies out with snacks as they will get hungry. when I'd get an escapee, I'd make a makeshift corral, put food on the inside, and keep watch in the dark till someone came in to get some noms. A bonded buddy will usually follow, and once they start eating, shut the gate. This has worked for me several times, including my wile netherland who is a escapee even now as an adult.

UPDATE: She turned up! Saw her eating timothy hay near her hutch! I heard a little noise but not loud enough to be a bunny, but I always check on them before falling asleep and there she was! I gave her the biggest hugs and kisses and I genuinely thank you ALL for the tips and for telling me to not give up! I have a headache from starving and crying looool. Thanks so much, I love you all.https://imgur.com/a/sJ2hvlY

Glad you found her! Just so you know, large bunnies can disappear in a room where there seems to be no place to hide. Don’t get upset next time (there will be a next time) and fuss with the hutch, leaving treats. Curious bunnies have to come home to see what you did!

Latest posts

Back