I wish I could have this kind of restaurant experience

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassetluv

Reaction score
A long-distance co-worker friend of mine who just moved to San Francisco with her husband sent me an e-mail on Friday, and she told me about an interesting dinner that she and her husband had recently.

Her husband (an executive chef with a well-known Canadian hotel chain) had been trying to get reservations for himself and his wife for the past couple of weeks at a rather swanky restaurant in SF (one of America's best chefs apparently heads this place), but he was having no luck. So Holly, his wife, pulled a few strings and managed to get reservations for them this week.

On Friday she sent me an e-mail, telling me about their dinner (a gastronomical dream, with 15 mini-courses, all fantastic). When I read this I was already a bit envious; after all, from what I've heard of SF, it's a beautiful city. I was actually planning to go there this year for a quick holiday, playing tag-along to my sister, who is scheduled to go to a conference there...but those plans unfortunately were nixed. So for now, I get to experience the city via Holly's e-mails. And this one really left me envious, as Holly went on to tell me about something that happened while she and her husband were in the midst of enjoying their multi-course meal. As they sat there chatting and dining, a new diner came in and settled himself down at the table right next to them. And guess who it was?

Robert Downey, Jr. :shock:

Man! I couldn't imagine how I'd react if that had happened to me...other than trying terribly hard not to stare (I imagine it must be very disconcerting for anyone to be stared at everywhere they go). But wow...Iron Man himself (and Sherlock Holmes too!) sitting right next to them! I'd have been so *verklempt*!

Okay, so it's just a star sighting (by proxy, no less)...but still...WOW! Robert Downey Jr.! Now I really wanna go to SF...not that I'd be as lucky as my friend, but hey, I could try...:p

robert-downey-jr.jpg

He's certainly had a lot of ups and downs in both his personal and professional life, but man, he's a good actor... :biggrin:

He's a HOTTY right Di.

I'll go with you to SF. I've been there once many years ago, it is really Beautiful.

Susan

Oh, you're so fortunate Susan! I've only ever been to a couple of places on the east coast of the US (and Canada, for that matter)...never the west coast. I definitely want to go to SF some day, and visit Fisherman's Wharf, the beaches, Telegraph Hill (I want to see all of those wild parrots!), The Presidio, etc.
Some day...;)

Speaking of good-looking actors, thought I'd add a pic of my most current top-of-the-list hottie:

150309154115Bradley_Cooper_4.jpg

Latest posts

Back