I was also told that if it's done too much the duct can burst which would be incredi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobbles

Reaction score
I was also told that if it's done too much the duct can burst which would be incredibly painful for the rabbit she booked in this Thursday for her first flush I am worried as lot could happen with her can I not get it done just bath her eye :bigtears: I don't know what to do so can anyone tell me if there any thing Els I can do to help her :bunny19

image.jpg

... Maybe you can explain what is happening?

She had weepy eye for 2 months on of and she had antibiotic in her water and eye drops and inject in her neck but nothing as help she still as weepy eye ???? Last sat day loads water come from her noise ??? Not sure if it was her mouth but wet to vets with her and vet said she needs noise flush but ppl are. Say it's not good to do it can make thing s more bad then what they were ???

I was also told that if it's done too much the duct can burst which would be incredibly painful for the rabbit she booked in this Thursday for her first flush I am worried as lot could happen with her can I not get it done just bath her eye :bigtears: I don't know what to do so can anyone tell me if there any thing Els I can do to help her :bunny19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelons
... Maybe you can explain what is happening?
She had weepy eye for 2 months on of and she had antibiotic in her water and eye drops and inject in her neck but nothing as help she still as weepy eye ???? Last sat day loads water come from her noise ??? Not sure if it was her mouth but wet to vets with her and vet said she needs noise flush but ppl are. Say it's not good to do it can make thing s more bad then what they were ???

As long as your vet knows rabbits, trust him or her to know what is right. So many things can cause a weepy eye, it's best to do as your vet says.

I'm not sure on the flushing of the nose, whether it's good or not. But as BlueMoods said, many things can cause a weepy eye, has your vet done a thorough check of your rabbit's teeth? Teeth problems can cause eye issues too. But if your vet is experiences with rabbits, I wouldn't think there would be much reason to not agree with what he's suggesting, otherwise you could always get a second opinion from another vet if you're unsure about what your vet is recommending.

I'm not sure on the flushing of the nose, whether it's good or not. But as BlueMoods said, many things can cause a weepy eye, has your vet done a thorough check of your rabbit's teeth? Teeth problems can cause eye issues too. But if your vet is experiences with rabbits, I wouldn't think there would be much reason to not agree with what he's suggesting, otherwise you could always get a second opinion from another vet if you're unsure about what your vet is recommending.

She as not done her teeth she look in her month and said front ones are good but she did say that her back teeth may need look in at if flushing dus not work ;(

Dental problems that affect the tear ducts and can cause runny eye problems, can't be seen visually, but need xrays to see if it is being caused by overgrown tooth roots or possible infection.

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/weepy.pdf

Are you sure that your vet is a really good rabbit vet?

Dental problems that affect the tear ducts and can cause runny eye problems, can't be seen visually, but need xrays to see if it is being caused by overgrown tooth roots or possible infection.

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/weepy.pdf

Are you sure that your vet is a really good rabbit vet?

I am not so sure so better then my last vet but she still as not look in back off her mounth ore said about a X-ray don't know what Els to do can't found savvy vet as I live in huntly aberdeenshire and I am running out vets to go to with her it's upsetting me as all I want is best for her :( :bunny22::inlove: gizmo send hugs

Latest posts

Back