I want to get my first tattoo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jashaira

Reaction score
OK I think I am getting ready to get my first tattoo. Now I do have a high tolerance to pain. Had 3 kids all natural. I just hate needles. Where should I get the tattoo done? I was thinking my ankle but was told the hurts. Then I thought my arm and someone said that hurts also. How about the top part of my breast you know where it starts so I can still show it to people? I need to have it covered with clothing but still able to show it off :). OK now for what that tattoo is now this it only my first one to see if I can handle the pain. Yes I know I live in FL but I am from MA and a big NE pats fan.

patriots.gif

I do recommend designing your own tattoo, or commissioning someone to do design one, so you can incorporate that symbol, but add your own your own flare to it. As far as the pain, after the first initial seconds of pain, adrenaline kicks in and it's not bad at all, anywhere you get it. Just don't get up for smoke breaks and you'll be fine.

I think no matter who you ask about which body part hurts for getting tattoo'd, they will say it hurt or it didn't hurt at all :p.

I have a very large chest piece that extends up onto my shoulders - and yes, it hurt. It hurts like heck more in the center of your chest, down towards your boob/arm pit area, and also up onto the shoulders. I also have a large back piece done and that was worse pain then my chest piece. I hate when you get tattoo'd over boney areas because it feels like your bones are rattling inside your body!

I agree with Jessyka....get something custom done!

I had my first back in Jan, I had it on the top part of my arm just below the shoulder, as I was told it was a less painful place to have it done. It's more uncomfortable when they go up the skin but it's bearable, I'd say outlining is most uncomfortable, the filling in is ok, the worst bit for me was when she covered a scar I had with a flower that hurt a little. Best thing to do is to just go for it lol only thing is once you've had one you want more!

IMO, get a custom made tattoo that really means something to you. If the NE pats logo is is what you truly want, get it custom made... makes it even more impressive ;) I bet you could ask the local tattoo artists to draw up a few custom sketches :)

I don't think you should stress about the pain, as much as finding the exact place on your body where you want it. The pain will go away, but your tattoo is forever:biggrin:.
(This coming from a total pain wuss too :p)

I am going to a tattoo place that I trust tomorrow and see if they can make something up for me yes I want mine custom. I have one tattoo that I know I want it is a Celtic cross with my kids birth flower winding up it. that one is going on the side of my leg. So I can have a little of my kids with me always.

I got my first tattoo on my ankle that goes all the way around except one little spot. It was fine until the needle had to go around the bone or over the tendon. That was terrible, but worth it in the end! I did say during that part I'd never get another tattoo and I got another one a year after on the underside of my wrist - it was just an annoying feeling, no pain that time.

All I can say is BE totally SURE you want what you're getting! As soon as I turned 18 I ran to my sisters bf at the time bc he did homemade tatt's and I got a sea turtle which was kind of cartooon-like ... I HATE it with a passion. I double think sometimes about wearing shorts or skirts because I do not like people seeing it a whole lot. Most times I dont care but I am aware of it's ugliness. It's on my ankle which did not hurt.
My second tatt is on my left shoulder of a bird. I like it but I want to upgrade it now. Just be totally sure you are ready to have this on you for life!

Can't speak for everyone, but I have a purple rose on my ankle (with my wedding date written in the bottom petal) and I found it to be more of an annoying scratchy/stingy thing than any actual pain. Kinda like someone dragging a fingernail or inkpen cap along your skin. I love mine, but it is definatley something you have to be sure about, most of us can't just go get em lazered off if we change our minds. Best of luck!!!!

Latest posts

Back