I want my bunny to join me on my couch!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

addy

Reaction score
I just moved to a new home that was pre-furnished with a leather couch. I think my bunny is doing quite well adjusting to the new environment overall; she found her spot to sleep underneath the couch. My old couch was not leather and my bunny LOVED jumping on it. That was the way she would communicate to me that she wants attention and/or veggies. Back in our old home, when she was awake and when I sit down, she would hop up and join me whether or not I had treats with me.

However, in our new home she hasn't been doing that in the leather couch. Is it because it is too slippery? Or is it because she needs to get used to the new environment? Or should I give her time? When I first got her I successfully had her associate the old couch (which I unfortunately gave away...) with food. It took her some time to muster courage to jump on it.

I am thinking about putting a couch cover on or something not as slippery, maybe of cotton material. I leave veggies on the couch overnight and she wouldn't take it, even with a stool. She would however take the veggies on the stool. Is the stool going to help at all? Should I try to pick her up and put her on the couch as an introduction (if I could catch her...it is more difficult since she could go underneath the couch where I can't reach...)?

I want her to join me on the couch so badly. I miss the old days! :( Any suggestions?

I suggest putting a cover on the couch (or part of the couch). Even if she did hop on the leather, her nails could cause damage to the leather.

Aside from that, give her time. When we moved, it took awhile for the rabbits to get in a groove (and we had the same couch).

Yep I agree with blue eyes, fluffy is always more appealing! And she might not feel comfortable enough yet to explore other levels, as she’s still getting to know floor level! Give her time, and keep encouraging her gently :)

Latest posts

Back