I think my rabbits in GI Statis

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misty Girl

Reaction score
She’s not moving she’s just laying in her pen. I go her, her breakfast and she’s completely ignoring it even though she LOVES food, I don’t see any new poops and the nearest vet doesn’t open until 8 . Please help!

I just noticed diarrhea in her litter box, please how can I help her until the vet opens, I terrified I can’t lose her. Misty never lets me pick her up (she’s had a bad past, before I adopted her) but she’s letting me move her around, it looks like she’s given up, I’m rubbing her. Can I rap her in a blanket, since we don’t have any carriers or will she freak out. And I have infant gas relief (Simethicone) can I give her that bc I can hear the gas in her stomach.

Last edited:
I just noticed diarrhea in her litter box, please how can I help her until the vet opens, I terrified I can’t lose her. Misty never lets me pick her up (she’s had a bad past, before I adopted her) but she’s letting me move her around, it looks like she’s given up, I’m rubbing her. Can I rap her in a blanket, since we don’t have any carriers or will she freak out. And I have infant gas relief (Simethicone) can I give her that bc I can hear the gas in her stomach.
If you have any pellets water them down and syringe feed her those until you get to the vet. I believe you can give the gas relief to her.

If you do think its GI stasis can you help her by gently massaging her belly toward her bottom end? Sometimes you can actually feel the droppings inside trapped from the gas. If you can get her to hop around it can sometimes help pass the gas. Yes the Simethicone is super helpful and works fast if it is GI stasis. My adopted rabbit could never eat much greens, even the smallest amount sends him into GI stasis, he had many trips to the vet before I adopted him. Wishing all goes well.

We didn’t make it to the vet in time.
Thanks for the advice, take care of your rabbits

Last edited:
I’m brand new to having rabbits, and this forum.
Can someone explain this to me? I’m so sorry your baby didn’t make it.

I feel your pain. I’m so sorry for the loss of your bun.. GI stasis occurs quickly & before you know it they are gone. I lost my bun Chocolate 2 weeks ago I presume it was from GI stasis. He was 7.4yrs old . Still recovering from a dental op done in October, I was syringe feeding him as well as him eating greens but became very fussy with eating hay..I was giving him pain relief, pro biotic & gas drops when he needed them. I’m kicking myself for not realizing he needed more gas drops & pain relief as his eating slowed down then he got stasis I think. Got to the vets but he passed away at home 1 hr after.. it’s all my fault I should have done more to help him. I understand your guilt it’s quite bad for me now I’m so depressed and can’t eat. Hope in time we recover big hugs to you x

Latest posts

Back