I think my partner is allergic!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny_08

Reaction score
Ever since we bought Benny home, my partner has had really bad hayfever. Some days are better than others so I'm wondering if it's a coincidence but really worried it could be Benny or the hay... 😢

With me it was the hay :/ I suggest switching brands! Or switching hay as some hay types are less duster than others!! Hope I helped XOXO Chester & Blue

Change hays see if that works. Keep your partner away from benny for a week but leave the hay, toys etc... Near him and see if he is still having allergic reactions, make sure there is no bunny fur so throughly clean the cage and everything he has touched and if he shows no sighs of hay fever it has to be benny :(

Change partner you can't have some one interfere with the happiness of your bunny... lol jokes give the hay swap a try

I had this problem myself when I got Alice (except I was the one with the allergies) and I switched to bromegrass hay which has helped a ton. Are you using timothy hay right now? Because I am incredibly allergic to it! I even use to have guinea pigs as a kid and don't remember having allergies to their hay but now I do.

I use meadow hay...all these hay options are very confusing.

I think it could be just hayfever and not specific to Benny, however my nephew came to meet him yesterday and left with streaming puffy eyes 😫

Latest posts

Back