I think my bun isn't feeling well.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homesick742

Reaction score
She's not eating today and has been laying around all morning and didn't even want to come out to exercise. What could this be?

She may just be having an off day, or it could be leading to something more serious.

If she doesn't eat & drink for a 24 hour period, you may want to consider a vet visit.

Keeping her hydrated is very important....as is keeping her GI tract moving. You may have to carefully syringe food and water.

Try her special treats and see if she'll eat them.
I've found that fresh parsley with prompt a bunnie to eat.
Some Nutrical might be a good idea, too.
If she normally drinks from a bottle, offer her a bowl as well.

`jim

Sherry was like that last night -- she refused pellets (which for her was seizmic).

She looked terrible. I gave her some simethicone (baby gasmeds), and rubbed her tummy, but this time it took almost twohours instead of the usual hour. I was just about to go for asecond dose when she snapped out of it.

I can't say enough about the wonders of Simethicone. There'sa thread on it in the Resource Center with a list of some of the gasmeds that contain it.

Good luck with your bunny.

sas

Gas can also be the result of stasis.
Rabbits that have gas often exhibit one or more of the followingsymptoms: loud gurgling noises coming from the rabbit's stomach; hard,taut stomach; lethargy; and significant decrease in appetite. Often,this is the first sign of gas.

I heard her stomach this morning! It was so loud I couldn't believe it!I gave her some carrot tops this morning and she ate a couple buthasn't eaten since. None of her pellets, hay or the rest of the food.Where do I get simethicone at?

I found the other post. I'll have my dh pick some up. Now, how do I get her to take it??

I gave her the simethicone and she is feeling better and eating now!:bunnydance:

homesick742 wrote:
I gave her the simethicone and she is feeling better andeating now!:bunnydance:

Great news!!:happydance

Good stuff, that simethicone!
It works fast when it works...you can almost see the bun improving before you very eyes.

Just keep an eye on her "output" (poop&pee).

Lots of water.
Lots of hay.
Limit the treats and veggies for a few days maybe.

`jim

Latest posts

Back