i think a bit of my rabbit has fallen off!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain obvious

Reaction score
i came to my rabbit's hutch last night to find a large clump of hair on the floor attatched to what looked like skin, however, on inspection of the rabbit, i can't find anything wrong with it but am still worried as to what it could be.

um... how large? and what kind ofrabbit?

I'd really have a closer inspection, I've found in the past that itsreally hard to see bites and bald spots.

could anything else have gotten close to the bunny?

sas

it was not very large but their was a fair bit of hair. i dont think anything could've gotten close to the rabbit, although there is another rabbit in there with him. both the rabbits are lop-eared. could it just be some form of molting?

don't think they molt skin! (that's a snake thing, isn't it?) :humour

they can drop a lot of hair during a molt, but if you've got two rabbits in there, dollars to donuts somebunny'sgot a bald patch somewhere.

how old are they? are they both 'fixed?'

this could bea sign ofamolt, or a sign oftrouble.

sas :shock:and pipp :bunny5

17 wks. is plenty old enough for the fights to begin if they are the same sex, or for breeding if they are male and female. This would be a verygood time to separate them either way, because the outcome isn't good in any case if fur is already flying.:)

Unaltered rabbits of the same sex usually cannot live together peacefully. If male and female, they will continue to breed and you will most likely have more rabbits than you are ready for, so if you'd like them to be roommates it is advisable to neuter or spay. Even after that, there's no guarantee they will "click", and the bonding process can be touchy. Other members can give you more help on that than I can, as all mine are unaltered and live separately.

Good luck!

Rose

Latest posts

Back