I started a cooking blog!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grace, you should do it. You don't have to be a professional or have a really cool blog or anything, it's just for fun :D I'm enjoying it at least!

Peg, I will see about posting some fish recipes. Paul and I like fish a lot. We eat the most salmon though since we live in Alaska and all. Why don't you like salmon? We really like Dover Sole too but how I prepare it is hardly a recipe. Just bake it plain, then sprinkle with salt and pepper and lemon juice. It's how my mom always made it when I was a kid and it's one thing I've never felt the need to jazz up.

Darn, I just looked up Dover Sole and it's apparently on a list of fish you should avoid purchasing because it's being overfished. So much for that I guess. We like how tilapia tastes but I don't like that most of the tilapia is shipped here from China so I don't buy it. Don't get me wrong, I like Chinese culture quite a lot (took 2 semesters of Mandarin!) but I know China doesn't always have the safest practices and I kind of worry about the safety of tilapia from a Chinese farm.

Made your green beans today, but I added some crushed garlic... because I love garlic... LOL! They were DELISH!

t.

Shiloh - even though we lived in Alaska for four years - I HATE salmon - there is something about it - I just can't stand the taste or texture...

UG.

Tilapia is what we normally have...Art cooks it with orange juice if I remember right...I don't know - I just eat it a bit and try to not look at it or think about it.

Yay MyLoki, I'm glad you liked them! The garlic sounds like a great addition, I like it too. One of the beautiful things about cooking is that you can tweak a recipe however you want :D

Peg, my dad hates salmon too. The man will eat anything else but he hates salmon. My aunt thought she hated salmon too, which I didn't know when I cooked some for her. She became a salmon convert because it turned out the only way she'd had it was as fried salmon balls or something that her mom always made. I on the other hand like pretty much all kinds of fish. That wasn't true when I was a kid (though I did love sole) but now I do. Do you like halibut at all?

The best salmon I've ever had was at a wedding we went to a couple years ago. It was some kind of apricot glazed salmon and they had a buffet. There was thankfully a ton of it which is good since Paul and I ate like 4 servings each! I know you don't like salmon but I will probably post a couple recipes for it eventually anyway :D I'm still tinkering with recipes to replicate the one we had at that wedding, I've gotten close so far but not perfect.

Irishbunny, yes, definitely! I had so many ideas: Molasses Candy, Peas with Honey, etc but they're all being used. It was keeping me from actually starting a blog which I realized was silly so I just picked a name. It's kind of funny too because I haven't even posted any mac and cheese recipes yet :D

Jynxie, thanks!

Oh and hotmaildeal, I did post a recipe for roasted carrots last night and it's vegan. Later this week I'll post a recipe that could be made vegan if you used veggie broth and dairy free pasta (or just even used rice). Oh I have a recipe for a vegan lasagna too that I came up with and it's actually really darned good, I promise to post it at some point. Might be a while but I'll let ya know!

Grace, I posted a comment on your blog but was signed in with the wrong e-mail account, it posted a link to a blog I had to make for a class last semester. Oops.

Peg, does it notify you when I edit a post? I tend to tinker with the posts so the wording is right and every time I do it I wonder if you just got an e-mail!!

Shiloh,

To my knowledge it doesn't post edits you make - but let me tell you - I'm LOVING the recipes even though I haven't tried any yet.

I've never had the courage to do homemade noodles - but you make them seem easy for the soup you made....and the recipe you just shared of the stuffed pasta looks absolutely delicious.

I went looking for your slow cooker and of course it looks like its not made any more. :p

Just reread your spaghetti sauce recipe - um....why put carrots in it? (Hint: I hate carrots).

Can you taste the carrots or does it just give it more bulk?

HI Shiloh,
If I have particular requests? Not really.. but if you have anything that could go well with rice (not spicy), or anything involving eggplants, that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot!
Roasted rosemary carrots sounds like a yummy recipe! Vegan pancakes would be an amazing recipe too, let me know when you post them!
About the banana cake, the recipe looks very nice, the only problem is that I always mess up with cakes. They end up looking like a volcano (LOL) do you know why that happens, or what I can do to avoid it? For the time being, what I do to avoid the volcano-style cakes is not preparing any cakes at all… they always get either volcano-ish or sort of overcooked on top but raw inside. :(

@ TinysMom Peg : Italians put carrots in their spaghetti sauce, it tastes good! Plus, it's the kind of recipe that could become attractive to rabbits too… you know, they have to get their own carrots if we're preparing food for us that use carrots... :p

Peg, good to know that you don't get notified of my edits! That would get annoying fast I would imagine. As for the carrots, we personally cannot taste them. We also like carrots though so if you hate them you might be able to taste them! They add a little bit of sweetness to the sauce and give it a great texture. Once the sauce is cooked you can't even see that they're in there because the food processor chops them into tiny pieces. Like Vivian said, as far as I know putting carrots in spaghetti sauce is pretty authentically Italian. I thought it sounded weird too the first time I saw it in a recipe but am glad I tried it out anyway :)

Vivian, I will keep in mind that I should post some vegan recipes involving rice! One of our favorites is a teriyaki tofu recipe, it's so good and isn't spicy. I have another stir fry-ish recipe that's vegan and quite tasty. No promises on when I'll post things as I just post whatever I'm making that is good enough to share, but I will post them eventually :D For instance, I was going to make Pasta Fagioli a few days ago but Paul got that cold and he wanted chicken noodle soup instead.

I've never made anything with eggplant if you can believe it, but I will try at some point! I do like to eat eggplant though.

You should give the cake a try! Maybe you put in too much baking soda or your oven is too hot when you have cake volcanoes? It could also be that the ingredients you're using are a little different since you're in Brazil.

hotmaildeal wrote:
Plus, it's the kind of recipe that could become attractive to rabbits too… you know, they have to get their own carrots if we're preparing food for us that use carrots... :p
Somehow I just got an image of Nyx dancing around my feet going, "Mom...I gotta help you make the s'ghetti sauce....really I do...." and trying to trip me up so she could get into the carrots.

Heyb Shiloh, I made the chicken yesterday. It turned out really good, just took my slow cooker a bit longer then yours.

I posted a comment but I don't see it. Hopefully i did it right.

Susan:)

Hey Soooska, I'm glad the chicken turned out well! Yeah, slow cookers are so different. Some are slower than others :D Your comment didn't show up though, I wonder why?

Latest posts

Back