I ran out of hay..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 20 pound to get hay and everything tommorow ( veg 3 pound , 3.99 pound hay ect)
So they will have hay!

Got more hay even though I have not run out , I want to stock up.
Got toys too 😁

I always stock pile hay yet I panic buy hay when I run out as always, I start to panic when I only have half a hay bag/bale left.

Worse time was one winter when the hay price sky rocked and people started to buy hay outside the country. That time I had to spend around 100$ on just hay every month which my my girl at that time only accepted. That money was just to provide my bunnies with hay that all of them would find okay. That was for 7 months. After that time I stock pile hay before winter and make sure I have hay that cover to spring.

Truly don’t want to spend that much money on hay again 😒

I always stock pile hay yet I panic buy hay when I run out as always, I start to panic when I only have half a hay bag/bale left.

Worse time was one winter when the hay price sky rocked and people started to buy hay outside the country. That time I had to spend around 100$ on just hay every month which my my girl at that time only accepted. That money was just to provide my bunnies with hay that all of them would find okay. That was for 7 months. After that time I stock pile hay before winter and make sure I have hay that cover to spring.

Truly don’t want to spend that much money on hay again 😒
Wow , 700$ ! That's a lot!

Wow , 700$ ! That's a lot!

That happened when the hay season was bad because of drought. Even my town didn’t have water during the summer time, so we had to go to other town nearby to buy water 😂

But you noticed the hay shortage first during the winter.

So myself have just started to not trust the weather at all. It’s better to prepare long before and stock pile. It becomes cheaper and I need to make space for my bunnies stuff.

So it’s always good to save money on the side, if you meet something unexpected. Specially when you have so many animals.

That money I spent was hay only for 3 bunnies. I could buy cheaper hay but one of my bunnies reacted badly and got smaller droppings, showing early signs of her gut slowing down.

So try to build up a saving just for your bunnies which you only use for emergency (vet costs, food shortage and so on). If I was your age trying to provide for your bunnies I would have no chances of doing that.

I only got 20$ as month expenses as a kid and all that money went to spoil my little brother and providing myself with a small meal between all my activities after school. Didn’t even have time to own pets because I got home around 21-22:00 which was my time to eat dinner and later do homework. I got home later than my parents 🤣

So I had to learn to spend frugally and save money as much as I could. It’s quite important to learn to plan forward and structure up you economy. It will also help you alot when you get older.

Having savings at the side will give you a bit of security. Don’t need to be much money you put away, it can be just a few coins and overtime it will build up.

Do you know what could cause small poops and my bunnie to stop eating often .
She eats a little , but not much

@Hermelin That is just exactly what i do! I used to get home late as well, though not so late. I also managed to arrive home after my dad although he works long hours. I would usually go home around 19-20 when it was spring and fall, and still at around 17-18.00 in winter. Some years i got home 21.00 on wednesdays. Our school provided us with three meals though so i didn't have to buy food if i wanted to feel full.
Mum still urged me to keep bigger amounts of money that i made when i had my birthday, christmas or class graduation, when i went to work for summer and now when i get my "scholarship."
Thanks to that i've accumulated quite a bit of fat cash when i need it most. I can say for sure that i've spent at least 200€ on vet bills these past two months and about 100€ more on his neuter&other meds(ear issues for example)
And if i hadn't had that fat cash stored away, he'd probably still be hormonal, living outside, and limping as hecc.
So it is always, ALWAYS a good idea to have spare cash. G'luck getting it, @Jasminebunny !

Do you know what could cause small poops and my bunnie to stop eating often .
She eats a little , but not much
Create a separate post for that. This post is already clogged.
As for what, i don't really know but it may be some internal issues worh her, or that you've given her something that upsets her gastrointestinal bacteria. Get her to eat normally, make sure she moves around and drinks water too.

Latest posts

Back