I ran out of hay..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The health of your animals needs to take precedence, I’m sorry. I do not know how we can help you further if you don’t take the advice we give you. Your bunnies need hay. I’m sorry I’m being sharp but I’m just a little bit frustrated over the inconsistencies. You said before you couldn’t go because it was “shut down” and now you say it’s because you were busy.
I was busy when they were open , i'm sorry .
I couldn't just leave while i was doing something .

Its a lot , and she is used to it .
They are having some too .

Someone told me with greens and timothy pellets they will be okay .
I usually don't buy pets at home hay because its meadow hay and i'm allergic to it .

It's not fair to your rabbits or your guinea pigs to not have necessities such as hay. Try ordering hay online but it will take a few days to get to you. Meadow Hay Box. Petsathome is open, if you have a pound more you can buy this bag. Timothy Feeding Hay 3kg | Pets At Home or even the £1.99 ones they have. Pets at Home Timothy Feeding Hay Medium | Pets At Home.
Call your local RSPCA, they will likely be able to pay for some vet bills. And definitely call a vet.
I did link to both meadow and timothy hay... 🙁

Jasmine - I am sure all the people on this site that are trying to help you are really frustrated, as I am. Surely you haven't been too busy for the whole 9 hours that Pet's at Home has been open today? You seem to be making excuse after excuse - yesterday you said you would get hay today. Hay is so important for your rabbit's health, so it should have been top priority to get some.

Jasmine - I am sure all the people on this site that are trying to help you are really frustrated, as I am. Surely you haven't been too busy for the whole 9 hours that Pet's at Home has been open today? You seem to be making excuse after excuse - yesterday you said you would get hay today. Hay is so important for your rabbit's health, so it should have been top priority to get some.
I'm so so sorry , i'm not trying to make exuses .

I just cant get hay today , i was going to get some this moring , my dad was working on the car earlier too .
Its not meant to be an exuse , its just what we have been doing , time went so quickly , i woke up quite late , so it was 6 hours , not 9 .

I just cant get hay today , i was going to get some this moring , my dad was working on the car earlier too .
Its not meant to be an exuse , its just what we have been doing , time went so quickly , i woke up quite late , so it was 6 hours , not 9 .
If you are going to care for pets, then you need to be up in time to provide for them. I’m sorry but if you are not putting in the effort, there isn’t much we can do. I’m sorry if this sounds harsh :(

You guys are way more patient than I am, reading this is frustrating as hell! If I was 12 and saw a baby bun die, that will traumatise me. I know for a fact a 12 year old me would never get involved into breeding anything. Having 1 pet as a pet is difficult enough.

If you are going to care for pets, then you need to be up in time to provide for them. I’m sorry but if you are not putting in the effort, there isn’t much we can do. I’m sorry if this sounds harsh :(
Im sorry

I have to admit these excuses are frustrating for me to read as well. Oversleeping when you know you urgently need to get food for pets? This is the epitome of irresponsibility.
I'm sorry !

Jasminebunny, here is some homework for you to do.
On a page, write down each of your pets names in columns. Then, in rows, write down how much hay each one needs per month, along with the cost. Then write down how much pellets they need along with the cost. Same for their veggies, bedding, etc. Also write down, (estimating from previous and current situation), the cost of vet bills. Double that vet amount just in the event something goes wrong.
In the end, tally up how much money you need at the end of each month. Then backtrack. Can you afford it? No? Let one go to a good home. Can you afford the rest? No? Let another go to a good home. Continue this.
Be honest in their amounts and requirements, and be honest about how much you can afford. Then, pick a day of the month - find out pet store opening and closing times. Ask your dad (or some adult) if they can take you at a specific time. Set your alarm, wake up on time! Take your allocated money and buy your supplies. While we all run out of things at some point, we do make an extra effort to get it immediately. You seem to be making no effort, other than making excuses and apologizing to us here.
My guess is that if you did not have so many mouths to feed, you wouldn't be out of hay, or losing track of things you need. Honestly, I'm sad that no-one around you has told you that what you are doing is careless and plain wrong.
If you give them away and take adequate care of the ones you have, you are doing the right thing. If you keep them simply because you love them, you are being irresponsible and selfish. This is what it means to care more about them than yourself. Simple as that.

Latest posts

Back