i need help whats rong with my phillip ..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caramel_179

Reaction score
it juss happened like 3 hours ago

my rabbit was swaying his head like he was dizzy but he wasnt doing itmuch, he just did it from time to time then later while he was walkingit seemed like he kept losing balance and he fell over, it happened acouple times as i was watching him because it scared me ... so swayingof head like he's dizzy and falling over ..

ive had him for 5 years and he lives indoor

what should i do? how do i take care of him? how can i help make him feel better

Please get him to a vet ASAP! He mighthave head tilt or another serious neurological problem. Youreally need a vet to diagnose and treat him.

:pray:

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. How's Phillip?

Did he get to a vet?

Are his eyes acting funny?

It may be an ear infection or a parasite or a neurologicalissue. THe vet will probably put him on antibiotics and maybea parasite med like ivermectin (sp?). Ear infections are veryhard to see, if your vet isn't rabbit-savvy, they may not know this.

Meantime, keep him calm and stress free, make sure he's drinking a lot, eating and pooping normally.

If he starts to 'roll', but him in a small cage or carrier with towelsor some other soft baffelaround the sides to make sure hedoesn't panic and hurt himself.

Here's a lot of information on Head Tilt...

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11840&forum_id=10

Let us know how he is!

sas

Latest posts

Back