I need help to make my rabbit to drink water

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? This a second time I had a rabbit and he just sit there and eat. Never did like chewing things or playing. So this the first time I heard rabbit like playing with toys

See the mat in front of his litterbox? He has two more in his enclosure that he digs and chews on any time and is completely safe for him. Sea grass mats. See the hay manager? He has to dig into it just to get his favorite hay. I recently got him a gravity water dish, too, so I can use one food dish for a small amount of pellets and the other for a little bit of his veggies for breakfast.
IMG_20210314_220231.jpg

See the paper towel and toilet paper rolls? He loves them. Also note that next to his litterbox is a hidey house. I have a cardboard box near my bathroom for him to hide in and a spare shelf with a pillow.
IMG_20210310_2223164.jpg

See two of those balls? He destroyed them and still plays with them.
IMG_20210314_220712.jpg

You'd be amazed how out there rabbit personalities are. You can even see some of such on YouTube and even this very forum.

Last edited:
But none of the stores in my area sell stuff like that.... not even for little animals. I have to go three cities over. If there nothing there than I have to order online. Her house was from China because no one ships in my area. Can I just use a small cat tree? Or might the play mats with fathers on it? Then again both items is for cats. And how can I teach her to use a litter box? I know my hedgehog use one and it was easy to teach her but it was easier for her to use the pin as a bathroom then climbing a box that was 3times bigger than her.

You can use a cat play tunnel, cat trees with sissel rope on it is just fine. You can even make your own toys for your bunny using cardboard boxes, toiletpaper/paper towel rolls, crumpled up brown paper bags....you can even build her a play table using untreated lumber from places like your local home improvement store, or, once again, cardboard boxes. Don't have to buy her the most expensive, luxurious things. Just something to keep her entertained. Heck, if you got a willow tree nearby, pluck some twigs from it and make a chew bundle with twine.

You can also cut out a plastic bin, as already suggested by another, and make it into a litterbox. Use the shavings in the box instead of the pen floor. Also use a puppy pee pad so to absorb the urine and makes clean up easier.
You said she likes to dig, right? Can you make her a dig box maybe out of cardboard or wood with dirt?

Last edited:
@Neshia i don't get out a lot, so I do a foraging of items for my buns to chew on around my home like: apple tree sticks (you can wrap them into a wreath or just give as sticks or toy to make: putting sticks through toilet paper rolls for them to jump over for exercise and a treat), blackberry leaves, dandelion leaves and flowers to name a few. Here is a link to a list of food to feed and Not feed: Rabbit & Bunny Diet Do’s and Don’ts

You can train your bun to use the litter box by putting hay into it. They like to poop and pee while they're eating 🤣
If bunny pees elsewhere, dap it up with a piece of tissue and place into litter box along with any loose poops. If needed dap warm water with a bit of vinegar onto spot bunny pees with a cloth, it will take their scent out of that spot.

Last edited:
"But none of the stores in my area sell stuff like that.... not even for little animals. I have to go three cities over. "

There's a woven grass hut, Oxbow timothy club twists, oat hay, Oxbow harvest stacks, timothy club bungalow (also a tunnel version)... all available at the Pet Super Market in Vero Beach. Skip any rabbit treats that are sold (don't get anything with seeds or yogurt).

Vero Beach also has a Petsmart that sells a number of chewing options

If bun chews the fleece, then you can leave the floor bare and put down a few seagrass mats, or you can get a piece of rolled linoleum and just be sure the edges of the lino are beyond the pen walls so bunny can't get to the edges.

Latest posts

Back