I need help designing a logo....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
I want to design a logo for my new rabbitry for when we get all our flemish and start breeding (only 5 rabbits to start with and we won't have any litters till next spring).

I'm kind of picturing something with a cream colored background (or light yellow or something...but I kind of want it western type colors...maybe even sage?).

I want the name in a lasso - you know how they use the rope and make a circle to throw around a cow's neck? Well...in that circle - I want to have our rabbitry name (which is sorta long - so it needs to have space for 3 lines of text).

Anyone good at this? Even if you can point me in a direction of what to use for software - that would be a help - because I can't pay anyone for help until September...

I'm not sure how big I want the logo...I want it at the top of my webpages - but I also want to be able to use it on my business cards and brochures.

I picture the rope as a darker brown against the background of the lighter color like cream, etc.

I want a PROFESSIONAL look - not a cartoony type of look to it.

HELP????

:nerves1

Edited to add: I picture something like this - but without the cowboy and a bit more detail on the rope....

Lasso.jpg

here well, i could darw you an idea next week.
what is the rabbitry name and i will try and give you a proffesional look, so you might have an idea to look at.
pm me or post it here.
thanks, elena

Becky - thanks for your take....I like it but it is a bit fancy for what I need.

I live "out west" pretty much....3 miles from the Mexican border...and I forget which western movie it was with either John Wayne or Jimmy Stewart or something where they talk about going down to Del Rio on a cattle drive...(they had just come back from there).

So I'm really looking for something plain - yet "western-ish".

I made a logo on one website but have to pay $35 to use it (can't even download it). It was an oval with rope around the outside...and the words inside.

For those who are wondering about the rabbitry name....here it is..in something I played with last night..

cooltext430836477.png

and when I say I'm "out west"...picture something like this...not that I'll be putting it on my website..

flemishgiantpostcard.jpg

lol, ill try next week, i dont have time at the moment,
like the rabbit rodeo pic!

What about just keeping it simple by using a decorative font only?

texasrope.jpg

You can download fonts online for free. This font was in a zip format, you extract the zip file then under control panel add the font causing it to work in programs like Microsoft word.

I realized I forgot to make it legends vs. legend and have gone in and fixed it. However, it's not showing the updated picture. :?

Becknutt wrote:
I'm having fun with this...what colors do you like for the text?

rope_border_1.jpg

and I won't be offended if you tell me to get lost! lol
I love this one - but would it be hard to do the capital letters in the rope format (like you have them) and then the other letters in just plain black? That way the capital letters will stand out?

Also - I need to be able to have it spread across the top of a webpage (I think)...the more I look at websites - the more I think that is what I'm going to be going for.

So I guess that makes it like a banner???

Dwarf_Angel04 wrote:
What about just keeping it simple by using a decorative font only?

texasrope.jpg

You can download fonts online for free. This font was in a zip format, you extract the zip file then under control panel add the font causing it to work in programs like Microsoft word.
Oh wow - I like this too..I may use something like this for the brochures and not have them exactly match the website since that may be too hard.

I'm trying to work on the website to get a feel for colors, etc.....

Go ahead and give it a go...I'm open to all sorts of ideas.

I think part of the key thing is I want it to be "western" or "Texan" but not fancy. Think...faded saloon fronts...all the old West movies you've seen...that type of Western...

Ditto to Janet, the wood one looks awesome! Especially if you can get the rope border on.

Oh wow - I had my heart set on a lasso...but I love the wood one too.

Of course - I'd have to find a way to make buttons (or whatever you call them - going down the side) to match...

When I get home today, I'll see if I can get a lasso border onto the wood. The buttons shouldn't be a problem, as long as you know how to upload your own pics for links with your webhost. Some make it rather difficult. I know GoDaddy is a realpain.

Latest posts

Back